Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public service desk

Alexandre Vanobberghen March 22, 2018

Hi

I know how to make a Software Project public (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Public-read-only-issues/qaq-p/699433), but this generate an error (attached) when applying to a Service Desk Project. Any workaround?

Thanks

Capture.PNG

2 answers

1 vote
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2018
Alexandre Vanobberghen April 4, 2018

Thanks for the suggestion Colin. But we're working on a cloud instance, and from what I've seen the plugin is only for servers.

0 votes
Amirul Ikhwan Omar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

The permission for Anyone group is not supported by Service Desk. This is because in JIRA Service desk we have JIRA access (Agent, Admin) and Portal access (Customer). Granting the Browse Project permission to the Anyone group means that anyone can access the project and view all the issues in it. This will cause certain functionality of  JIRA Service Desk to be disabled.

If you are looking to give access to all the ticket, you can group user by Organization and share the issues with Organization.

Alexandre Vanobberghen April 4, 2018

Thanks for the feedback, Amirul. I have a couple of questions:

- Which functionality exactly would be disabled if I allowed the "Anyone" group to browse the project? (Maybe I can live with it)

- By grouping customers in an Organisation and adding this organisation by default to all my tickets, the customers still need to be registered and logged in to be able to browse through tickets, correct? If that's the case, I could just enforce registration for customers, and then grant access to the Customer - Portal access only to browse the service desk project, right? My point is that customers still need to register in the first place, which I was trying to avoid.

FYI, we are trying to set up a transparent issue queue for an open source initiative, so ideally, all issues should be visible in read-only to customers.

Roshan Milinda June 7, 2021

Keen to know how to handle this kind of situations
Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events