Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project name not updating on portal

Support April 2, 2019

I changed the name on one of our projects, but it still shows the old name on the customer portal.

Did I miss a setting somewhere or is this a bug in service desk that it is not updating?

2 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2019

there are two 'project names' in JSD - one that is for the application and one that is for the portal.

you change the application project name here - project settings > details > Name

you change the portal name here - project settings > portal settings > Name

Support April 2, 2019

Thank you!!

Samir Saxena April 16, 2020

I'm having same issue, where i can find portal setting options
I'm not seeing this option under portal settings.

Like Tracy_de_Swiet likes this
Rosana Casilli April 16, 2020

Hi Samir!!

When you access to your service desk project, in the menu there is an option named "Project Configuration". When you access there drill down until you find portal configuration. That is the place where you can change the name.

On the other hand, if you still have the issue after doing the changes, I found out that this kind of problems are related to out of date Language Support on the project settings. That means that you should review language settings and verifiy that there is anything that is not translated from the default language to the other lenguage you manage in your portal. Please note, that is not necessary to have all translated; but if you have for example 5 request types and you only translated 4, you should have all of them translated. But if you have 5 request types and none of them are translated you could leave that as it is. 

I hope this helps you

Ro

Like # people like this
Madineni February 27, 2021

Thanks @Jack Brickey , its working for me.

1 vote
Rosana Casilli April 3, 2020

Hi everyone! I have the same issue, and I have changed the name both in project settings and portal settings, but it is still showing the old name. 

what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance

Ro

Rafael López Ávila April 21, 2020

Hi Rosana,

I'm experiencing the same.

I wanted to change my Project Title for the customer portal. I couldn't be able to change it within "Details" or "Portal settings".

When I saved changes was not reflected in customer portal.

I checked under "Language support" settings, the first option "Portal" I saw a yellow dot as a warning for translation needed.

Change it, it works.

Hopefully works for you too.

Best regards,

Rafael.

Like # people like this
Rosana Casilli April 21, 2020

Hi Rafael!! 

Yes I did it and it worked . That 's whay I have replayed to Samir some days ago with the solution!!

Thank you!!

Like Hope Man likes this
Barış Özer December 18, 2022

Hi @Rafael López Ávila 

Thanks a lot! (:

Michael Fechter May 31, 2023

This worked for us too. In our case we do not translate the portal into other languages, so disabling the languages in the Project's Language Support resolved the issue and the Portal name displayed with the new name.

Many Thanks

Like Hope Man likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events