Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with issue types

Gui Ávila October 12, 2020

In Issue Type Scheme, the project "Afiliados" has the issue type "Service Request with Approvals". Please see: http://prntscr.com/uxzwx2

But on Workflow Schemes for this same project, the issue type is different: http://prntscr.com/uy00f4

How can I fix that?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Alan Stephenson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2020

Hi,

When you look at your ISSUE TYPEs that are defined, so a search to see if you have the one called "Submit a request..". If you renamed the issue type called "Submit a request..." to your new name you should have just "created a new issue type called the new name you wanted. 

JIRA leverages the name, but it also leverages the ISSUE TYPE ID; so I suspect you may have confused the issue types from that screen. 

Let me know if that helps.

Gui Ávila October 13, 2020

Thanks @Alan Stephenson . How can I fix that error? How can I know which issue type was the "submit a request" issue type?

Thanks for your help.

Alan Stephenson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2020

If you go to Issue Types section, see if you have an issue type with the starting with the name Service Request.

If you hover over the EDIT link (see screen shot) it will give you the ID.

You can also look using JQL to see if you have multiple issue types that start with Submit a Request... . The sample screen shot is from my test jira cloud instance.Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 10.58.14 AM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events