Problem with automation

Gui Ávila February 4, 2021

Hi, 

I created this automation here.

But for some reason, it does not work when the issue is in status "Aguardando cliente". Here's the error log.

I thought the problem was with the Permissions for "Transition Issues". So I added Project Role (Service Desk Customers) to the permission, but the erros still happens.

Please, what should I do? As far as I'm concerned, everything is set correctly.

Thanks,

Gui.

2 answers

0 votes

Maybe something to do with user who triggered the event setting? Here.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2021

@Gui Ávila

I would try changing that for sure. If you want that rule to run when you're customers comment back, I could see there being problems with the execution due to that.

Thanks,

Kian

Gui Ávila February 8, 2021

But @Kian Stack Mumo Systems I added permission for "Transition Issues" to the project role "Service Desk Customers". So everything should work ok!

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

@Gui Ávila,

I replicated your configurations - IE I added a customer to my desk, set up an automation rule like you had, and I added the customer Desk Customers role to the transition issue permission.

I was able to replicate your issue and then fix it by changing the rule to execute as "Automation for Jira".

The issue is that even if the project of "Service Desk Customer" is added to the permission of "Transition Issue", it's not going to work right. The Service Desk Customer only has access to specific pieces of information/capabilities and modifying the permission scheme won't give them more capabilities. The only option for you is to change the rule back to rule as the automation actor, or someone else that has Service Desk Team role.

Gui Ávila February 10, 2021

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems Thanks. But, wow, so why does Atlassian allow to add Transition issue permission to Service Desk Customer, if it does not work? They should fix that :/

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2021

Well, you're just allowing the rule to run as the person that initiated it.. I'm not sure how they would prevent that at a global level.

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

@Gui Ávila

In the screenshot you shared, the bottom execution you highlighted is not an error, it just didn't match the conditions you've specified.

The top one is a bit more concerning.. The error message makes it seem as though Jira cannot retrieve the issue. Is that the same error you get on the rule that ran on Feb 2nd at 1:37 PM?

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems Yes, the same. Here.

Thanks for your help, Kian!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events