Problem with automation rules configuartion / Userright

geugeseb December 3, 2019

Hi everybody

I have changed something(I revoked a user's rights.) in the user permissions. Then I noticed that there are problems with the automation rules. Unfortunately, I can not choose a new user. Below I have the screen on which I have Problems.

20191203_Screenshto.JPG

It would be great if someone could help me.

Kind regards

Sebastian

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2019

Hi,

I understand that you are looking to change the user that runs an automation action in Jira Service Desk Cloud.  From translating the error message it appears that the user account you are trying to select here does not have the rights needed to be able to perform this action.

In order to transition or work Service Desk issues, the user account you select has to be licensed as a Service Desk Agent first.  In addition to that requirement, it is also possible that the project permission schemes might be restricting the user from being able to perform the action in the automation rule.  I'd start with Update product access settings  to check to make sure this user is licensed as an Agent first.  If the user has the product access, then the next level to check would be in Managing project permissions.

I also noted that you appear to be the site admin of a paid Jira Cloud site.  This entitles you to support through the portal at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Of course, everyone is welcome to post support questions here to Community, but I just wanted to let you know that your product level also entitles you to this other support option if you wish.

Cheers,

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events