Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with API REST

Matias Delarrivat March 10, 2022

Hello,
I have developed a bot that connects to the REST API to automate the process of creating an issue in Jira.
When the bot wants to finish the issue, it throws a permissions error.
but the user the bot is working on has permissions to transition the issue.
I don't find a solution.

2 answers

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2022

@Matias Delarrivat -

Hi Matias:

Can you verify if the bot's account is setup with the agent license + the account is associated with the right project role (i.e. Service Desk Team)?

If the license and project role are validated and correct, then we can take a look at the WF transition/configuration next.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Sorry.
but it's not in JSM. it is in jira software.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2022

@Matias Delarrivat -

Ok.  If it is for Jira Software project, then you still need to ensure the bot account is associated with the appropriate project role that give the permission to CLOSE Issue + TRANSITION Issue.

Again, if the account is in the right project role, then we can investigate further on the WF configuration.

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2022

@Matias Delarrivat 

What is the permission error generated?

Are there any conditions or validators in the flow that could be preventing this?

Anyway, if you can put the error presented here maybe we can help you more directly

The error it shows is the one attached here.
It does not specify anything else.
The WF does not have validations or conditionals configured.
My question is if the api requires some specific setting.

sss.png

Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2022

@Matias Delarrivat 

It appears to be permissions something even on the user.

If you confirm that the transition has no validation or condition, then validate that the user has "Transition issue", "Edit issue", "Resolve issue" and "Closed issue" permissions.

More quickly, associate it with project role "administrators".

I simulated a basic termination payload here and it worked normally.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events