Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-fill email field in Jira Service Desk Widget gives error

Arlyn Amores November 26, 2020

Hello,

I was able to pre-fill the email in the JSD widget using javascript. However, when I try to submit it, the email field gives an invalid error. When I cut and paste the same email into the textbox, it becomes valid. What am I missing here?

jsd.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2020

Hello @Arlyn Amores,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When using the widget, currently, it's not possible to pre-populate fields. I understand that you would like their email to be automatically added to the field, but this functionality is not supported, they will have to type their email address.

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regarding your workaround using javascript, what we believe that might happen is that the validation of the field only happens after the "input" event, that's why it works if you copy/paste the email to the field.

Regards,
Angélica

Andy Stutzmann February 10, 2021

Hello @Angélica Luz 

Is there any way to push for features other than just voting on there?
Since we've switched to JSD there has been a lot of key features missing and honestly, voting on a feature request, which has been ignored for years, is not helping at all....

Kind regards,
 Andy

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2021

Hello @Andy Stutzmann,

Thanks for reaching out to Community!

I reached out to the team responsible for the widget to ask if there are updates and they said that this is not on the near-term roadmap.

They will update the feature request ticket once they start working on it.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2022

Hello,
any hope for pre-fill features in the widget this year?
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-7835

Is there any workaround for this?
we link the portal when support is needed, this makes them divert to another page, not really good on a UX.

r_beharaing August 2, 2023

same question here, any way to pre-fill email in JSD?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events