Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal not downloading resources and getting 404 errors - from caching??

Mary Sage June 16, 2020

Sometimes in the JSD portal I'm getting 404 errors where the resources do not load.  The screen hangs or I get a white screen and customers complain.  This is occuring on all browsers.

When I look at the console it is trying to load resources from:

<JIRABASEURL>/servicedesk/customer/portal/undefined/servicedesk/customershim/...

and

<JIRABASEURL>/servicedesk/customer/portal/undefined/rest/analytics/..

and

<JIRABASEURL>/servicedesk/customer/portal5/create/undefined/rest/webResources/1.0/resources

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Mary Sage

EDIT:  The problem seems to occur when I have caching on for the browser.  If I disable caching everything seems to work correctly.  Any clue on how to force the JSD portal to be downloaded always?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aliaksei Shorkin January 12, 2021
0 votes
Aleksandr Migun August 21, 2020

We are experiencing this on chrome/Edge right now. FF and Opera users are not affected, as far as we know. The only workaround to get SD working on Edge is to enable developer tools (this probably disables cache in some way) - then everything works. Turning gzip off did not help, sadly.

Edit: we are running JIRA/SD behind nginx reverse proxy. So adding "add_header 'Cache-Control' 'no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, proxy-revalidate, max-age=0';" to location might be used as a workaround to disable browser-side caches.  

0 votes
Daniel Preiser August 5, 2020

Try disabling Gzip-Compression in Jira General Configuration.

0 votes
Mathis Hellensberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2020

Are you using the default JSD portal or do you have any addons, such as Refined installed?

Mary Sage June 17, 2020

I have a plugin which I uninstalled and still get the problem.

I am using a reverse proxy though.

Mathis Hellensberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2020

I'm afraid I don't know then :(

Mary Sage June 17, 2020

Thanks for trying to help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events