• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Portal not downloading resources and getting 404 errors - from caching?? Edited

Sometimes in the JSD portal I'm getting 404 errors where the resources do not load.  The screen hangs or I get a white screen and customers complain.  This is occuring on all browsers.

When I look at the console it is trying to load resources from:

<JIRABASEURL>/servicedesk/customer/portal/undefined/servicedesk/customershim/...

and

<JIRABASEURL>/servicedesk/customer/portal/undefined/rest/analytics/..

and

<JIRABASEURL>/servicedesk/customer/portal5/create/undefined/rest/webResources/1.0/resources

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Mary Sage

EDIT:  The problem seems to occur when I have caching on for the browser.  If I disable caching everything seems to work correctly.  Any clue on how to force the JSD portal to be downloaded always?

4 answers

Are you using the default JSD portal or do you have any addons, such as Refined installed?

I have a plugin which I uninstalled and still get the problem.

I am using a reverse proxy though.

I'm afraid I don't know then :(

Thanks for trying to help.

Try disabling Gzip-Compression in Jira General Configuration.

We are experiencing this on chrome/Edge right now. FF and Opera users are not affected, as far as we know. The only workaround to get SD working on Edge is to enable developer tools (this probably disables cache in some way) - then everything works. Turning gzip off did not help, sadly.

Edit: we are running JIRA/SD behind nginx reverse proxy. So adding "add_header 'Cache-Control' 'no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, proxy-revalidate, max-age=0';" to location might be used as a workaround to disable browser-side caches.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

227 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you