Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populate Field on Request Form Based on Selections

Robert Heckel August 20, 2021

We're currently using Insights to present dropdowns in a Request form.  We have scriptrunner, so that is also an option.  In the drop downs we have 2 lists, and a summary.  Basically, we'd like to present the user with what the name of an email group would be determined by their selections prior to them smashing the submit button.  

Field one (single select):  Apples, Oranges(selected), strawberries

Field two (single select):  Cake (selected), Ice Cream, Waffles

Summary:  Desserts I Like

I'm trying to present:  Oranges-Cake-DessertsILike

Anybody have any pointers or ideas on this?  Trying to automate some stuff but we're getting erroneous inputs.  

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2021

Hi @Robert Heckel -

I am assuming that you want to change the Summary, if so, you will need to add a post function at issue creation to construct the Summary line via workflow.  

This post function need to be placed after "Creates the issue originally." post function call.  This the post function call to update the Summary line by pulling issue field one and field two values and concatenate it with the issue summary value.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Robert Heckel August 23, 2021

No, we need to present this in the form itself.  It's relatively straight forward to update fields with post functions, but presenting in the form itself is confusing.  

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2021

Hey @Robert Heckel, I have implemented a similar use case in the past using behaviours.  Since you've got ScriptRunner, you can learn more about how you can use it with Service Management projects at Behaviours with Service Management.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events