Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission to Export ProForma Data

Marcos Strapazon December 1, 2022

Hello people!

On the Issue Search page is possible to export the resultset with ProForma forms.

But ths feature only works for users that have permission to administer the project.

For users without that permission the following message appears when we try to export the report:

ProForm export error.png

have anyone seen this problem before?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

@Marcos Strapazon -

Please take a look at vendor's documentation link - https://thinktilt.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PFDEV/overview#Jira-Permissions

This is required to access Proforma Export Data APIs...

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Marcos Strapazon December 1, 2022

Hello Joseph! Thank you for your quick reply!

In fact I knew about this permission configuration and I enabled the user's group to export ProForma data as follows:

User group:

ProForm export error 2.png

Global permission configuration:

ProForm export error 3.png

but, even with this configuration, the user cannot perform the desired operation.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

@Marcos Strapazon -

Is the user in question a license Agent in your JSM env?

Best, Joseph

Marcos Strapazon December 2, 2022

Hi Joseph!

yes, the user is licensed:

ProForm export error 4.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2022

@Marcos Strapazon -

Looking at the FORM setup further in our env, a user must be assigned with the project Administrators role.  Can you try to give "user_teste_jira" with the project Administrator role and retry your operation?

In our env, project admins are allowed to manage FORM via Project settings >> Forms only.

Best, Joseph

Marcos Strapazon December 2, 2022

hey Joseph, that's was the same workaround I found in my environment - the user must be project admin in order to export ProForma data.

In the first place I thought that there was something wrong with my setup, but now that you mention the same behavior in your environment I think that this is the expected behavior.

I'd like to thank you for you interest in this topic :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events