Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pending approvers in automation

Andrey Boyarin February 16, 2021

Hi! I am using Email notifications to remind customers about their pending approvals. 
And I want to log users who will receive emails about pending approval. 
There is "Pending approvers" value in the send email block. Maybe somebody knows how I can log for example emails or names of these users with 'Audit log".

Screenshot_2.png

3 answers

0 votes
Brent Nye November 20, 2023

Older post, but maybe this will help someone. One of our workflows has mutliple approvals configured and uses multiple "approvers" fields. I used Automation for Jira to build a simple rule which is triggered upon status change. The rule checks the Status field and sets a "Pending Approver" custom field (user picker) to the value of the approvers field associated with the current workflow approval. So "Pending Approver" always shows which approver(s) the issue is waiting on. I can display that value in dashboards, queues, etc.

0 votes
Jeret Shuck November 7, 2022

I've been working with approvals quite a bit lately, so I have been having to explore the "Approvals" field quite a bit.

I had a similar use case where I needed to add whoever actioned an approval to the "request participants" field.

That said, the smart value you're looking for is something like this;

{{customfield_10205.first.approvers.approver.displayname}}

Where "customfield_10205" is the custom field ID of your instance's "Approvals" field.

Note: the ".first" section of that smart value, is only needed if your issue has more than one status where approval is required, or if the issue is reset in some way to have the approvals re-done.

Andrey Boyarin November 8, 2022

It is not what I need. I need exactly guys who are not approve yet not one of the approvers. Thx for response. 

0 votes
Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2021

Hi @Andrey Boyarin

I'm afraid that you won't be able to get the exact list of pending approvers out, however you might be able to log out the Approvers field and then that will hopefully include the state so that you can see which approvers are in pending.

Cheers,

Simeon.

Andrey Boyarin February 18, 2021

@SimmoI don't need to log all approvers. I want to log only those who will receive a notification (pending approvers). In my workflow, all approvals need that ticket passed to work in progress status. So if there is only one approval but needs 2 approvals, the ticket will stay in waiting for approval. 

Andrey Boyarin February 18, 2021

Maybe there is another way to do it. I need the same thing as in notification automation section

Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2021

I'm afraid that the logic that we use in the Email action, "Pending approvers", isn't available as a smart value.

The closest you can get is to log out all the approvers and look at their status.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events