Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Rest for Customer Portal

Richard Maltese June 27, 2018

I was wondering if there is a way with the Service Desk portal that an Agent can reset a customers password with out the customer having to go to the portal and try to reset the password via emailed link? 

3 answers

1 vote
Elizabeth Hernandez-Paz July 5, 2018

I am having a similar issue new users wanting to signup/set up their credentials and when they enter their email to obtain the setup credential link it reads it is a bad link that is trying to direct them over to the portal. The new attempt possible user has already copied and pasted the link into browser as well and it is still not working. She has emailed our service desk before and I see her email address/profile looks fine just that we would like her to have the ability to sign on using her credentials to view status of her open tickets etc..

link is bad to sign upfor credentials for JIRA Portal.PNG

0 votes
Liam McD
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2020

This has been reported to Atlassian and was being tracked in this ticket:

Password reset feature has no effect on customer accounts on JIRA Service Desk 

Currently, the resolution is set to "Won't Fix" so it is not under consideration. There is a workaround at the bottom of the description to allow admins to access the customer password restart.

Chrisjir Parkin November 4, 2020

This applies to Cloud instances.  What about Jira Service Desk for Server instances?

Like Sathya likes this
0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2018
Richard Maltese June 28, 2018

Victor, 

These documents seem to be about users in Jira. I need something Specific to my Service Desk Customers. The documents are for if you had in house Server setup. We are running off the Cloud services. Not sure if that makes a difference. 

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2018

Richard,

How are your customers coming i to your portal?

1. Via JIRA

2. Via public sign-up

3. You add them directly to the service desk?

Victor

Public sign up by going to our "Service Desk Portal URL". Main reason we are looking into this is we seem to have issues at times of users not getting the email to reset their passwords. 

We have it set so you have to sign in to the portal to create a issue ticket. 

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2018

Richard,

So since it's public sign-up, you must have allowed them to sign up in JIRA and then allowed them to do the same in Service Desk.

Passwords are therefore managed in JIRA...i believe.

Victor

Richard Maltese July 5, 2018

Victor, They do not sign up for Jira when going to our service desk portal. Even still as an admin of the cloud Jira space I do not have an option anywhere to reset a password. Is only the Global admin able to do this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events