Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participants cannot see issue description in portal

Deleted user July 3, 2019

Solution:
My request type for the issue didn't include the description in the fields.

Original request:
Morning, 

We are using Cloud based Jira Service Desk.  I have noticed that if a participant is added to an issue and they use the link in the email notification to view the issue they cannot see the description of the issue in the portal.  Is there a way to allow them to see the full descriptions of the issues?

My current workaround was adding the issue description into the notification email.  That isn't ideal but is working for the time being.

Thanks,
Jason

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2019

Untitled.pngDouble check your configuration in "Request Types" and make sure that you have the fields all added, based on the screenshot i see it looks like they are only configured to show the summary at the moment 

Deleted user July 15, 2019

Yep, that did it!  Thank you sir!

0 votes
Tom David January 3, 2023

I had a similar issue. for whatever reason after saving the Request Type the Description field would not show, and when editing the request type I could see it went back to the sidebar with the hidden values. 

my solution was to expand the Description field and check the box Required. then it will show both in JSD and ion the portal.

ScreenShot 396.png

0 votes
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2019

Its been quite some time since i had the same issue ....but I believe you can correct this by going into the Service Desk Project > Settings > Customer Permissions > "Who can customers share with" Set the permission to the 3rd option "Any customer or organization, by searching this project. This option allows them to search all customers in the current project."

Then make sure you have Browse project permissions for "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" 

When the user is added as a Participant they should have a Portal Only account made, or have a pre-existing account which will allow them to view the tickets from the Service Desk project from the portal 

Deleted user July 15, 2019

Afternoon Shawn, thanks for your response.  I have made the changes you suggested but he issue is still the same.  They can see everything in the portal but the description.

Customers can see everything except the description of the ticket when they are participants still.

Here is what my test user is seeing:

exampleSS.PNG

Saasplications November 10, 2021

I have the same problem

David Wanless March 2, 2022

So  do I.  What is this page called and how can we configure what appears on it?  I see that its URL is 

https://<our org>.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/9/<ticket number>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events