Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Participants cannot see issue description in portal

Edited
Deleted user Jul 03, 2019

Solution:
My request type for the issue didn't include the description in the fields.

Original request:
Morning, 

We are using Cloud based Jira Service Desk.  I have noticed that if a participant is added to an issue and they use the link in the email notification to view the issue they cannot see the description of the issue in the portal.  Is there a way to allow them to see the full descriptions of the issues?

My current workaround was adding the issue description into the notification email.  That isn't ideal but is working for the time being.

Thanks,
Jason

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Untitled.pngDouble check your configuration in "Request Types" and make sure that you have the fields all added, based on the screenshot i see it looks like they are only configured to show the summary at the moment 

Deleted user Jul 15, 2019

Yep, that did it!  Thank you sir!

Its been quite some time since i had the same issue ....but I believe you can correct this by going into the Service Desk Project > Settings > Customer Permissions > "Who can customers share with" Set the permission to the 3rd option "Any customer or organization, by searching this project. This option allows them to search all customers in the current project."

Then make sure you have Browse project permissions for "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" 

When the user is added as a Participant they should have a Portal Only account made, or have a pre-existing account which will allow them to view the tickets from the Service Desk project from the portal 

Deleted user Jul 15, 2019

Afternoon Shawn, thanks for your response.  I have made the changes you suggested but he issue is still the same.  They can see everything in the portal but the description.

Customers can see everything except the description of the ticket when they are participants still.

Here is what my test user is seeing:

exampleSS.PNG

I have the same problem

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

595 views 5 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you