Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF's - Make available for customer to download from request type

Peter Grainger August 9, 2022

Hi, 

I want to be able to make a PDF available for the customer to download and then also submit via a request type. So for example, I have a request type which is a complaint and I want the customer to be able to download the complaint form pdf, fill it in and attach to the ticket and submit the request, is this possible?

I know how to add the attachment section to the form in project settings, but is there a way I can have the pdf available on the request type or even somewhere else on the portal?

I'm trying to avoid having to create the PDF's from scratch in the forms section

Thanks

Peter

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

There Is a new feature that has just been released which allows you to present an external URL on the project portal. One of the use cases would be to allow your customers to download a form and complete it then attach it to a ticket. If this looks like something that might work, you can access it under your JSM project settings under extra resources. You can add your URL where you would need to store your documents.

Peter Grainger August 9, 2022

Thank you Jack, I will give that a go - that would certainly be more convenient that having to create all the forms again! Do you know if there are any plans to allow us to upload pdf's instead of creating from new or using the templates in the forms section of project settings? Thanks, Peter  

Like Adrien Riccardo likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

What do you mean? Are you asking if there are plans to present the user with a pdf form at the time of issue creation and allow them to edit it "in-line" when creating a ticket? Don't see how that would work. I believe that the options are as follows:

• provide the customer with a pdf form via the aforementioned external link So that they can complete the document and attach it when opening a ticket
  • Create the form within the request itself using the Forms feature
  • Replace the form with the necessary custom fields exposed into the request

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events