Outgoing mail from own domain

Paul Maddocks October 1, 2019

We are currently trialing Jira Service Desk and would like all emails send from Jira Service Desk to be from our own domain.

We have successfully completed:

1. creating an organisation
  2. verifying our domain ownership
  3. adding the relevant spf and domain key records 

When I click "Outgoing email" option, it shows as enabled but I do not have any options to select the configured email domain - see below:

jira_outgoing_email.PNG

What are we missing to ensure all emails sent to customers are from our domain and not the default atlassian domain?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2019

Hi Paul,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The outgoing email in Service Desk is different. After all the steps you made, it’s necessary to change the email directly in the project.

Please, go to Project settings > Notifications > Click on Screenshot 2019-10-01_10-03-13-211.png next to the email > Add the new address > Update.

Screenshot 2019-10-01_15-39-35-477.png

Note that, this is possible only if you are using a classic service desk project. 

If you are using a next-gen one, currently, the option to add an outgoing email is not available:

Regards,
Angélica

Paul Maddocks October 1, 2019

Hi Angélica,

thanks for the guidance. Unfortunately, I am not seeing what you can on your screenshot.

It seems my options are: Project Settings > Customer Notifications

I've attached what I can see:

jira_sd_notifications.PNG

thanks,

Paul

Like Victor Strand likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2019

Thank you for the screenshot!

This project that you are using is a next-gen one, and that option is only available for classic projects.

Next-gen is a simple project, so many features were still not implemented.

If you need to use a custom email, you need to use a classic service desk project.

Like Victor Strand likes this
Paul Maddocks October 2, 2019

Hi,

thanks. 

I will create a classic project instead and delete "next-gen" as its not quite next-gen just yet :)

Like # people like this
Michał Kukla January 17, 2020

Don't you think it would be appropriate to make some note about it in the outgoing mail configuration? Or in next-gen notifications settings?

And how am I suppose to create new classic service desk project? There is no such project in project templates. Actually there is nothing under "service desk" category.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 20, 2020

Hi @Michał Kukla

The configuration for outgoing email is placed on the "Notifications" menu which is currently not available for next-gen.

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability, which I saw that you already added a comment:

By default, new sites have only next-gen enable, but it's possible to enable Classic as well.

Please, go to any next-gen Service Desk project and click on Project settings > Advanced.

On this page, you will see the option to create a classic project and after that, the templates will be available.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Marius Pana November 17, 2019

The documentation in this regard is absolutely horrible. Sorry for the strong language but we've lost 1 day of work trying to find this and we only just barely stumbled across this post.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events