Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizations Field is not Showing on Screen for Sub Task, Why?

Tina_Allen April 29, 2020

I have added the Organizations Field to Sub Task screen in my Project but it will not display in an existing or new sub task created. What am I missing?

2 answers

0 votes
Tina_Allen May 1, 2020

Found the solution but I should not have to do this...

I click on the Ellipses and select "See the old view" and the Organization field appears!MMCLABOFFICE.png

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2020

Hello @Tina_Allen

I'm glad to know you were able to work around your issue. In fact, the organization field only appears in the new issue view if it is configured with a valid value.

By default, some fields which do not have any values are hidden in the new view, which makes since the organization field should only be set by the own customer in the customer portal view.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2020

Hello @Tina_Allen

Thank you for reaching out.

It is expected that the field Organizations are not displayed in sub-task issue types since sub-task issues can not be displayed in the customer portal of Jira Service desk. Allow me to provide more context about this behavior:

As you can see in this documentation, the organization field/feature was created to allow service desk customers to view and share each others' requests in the customer portal.

That being said, sub-task issue types are small portions of work that can not be mapped to request types to be displayed in the customer portal, so the organization feature would not have any utility there. We have the following feature request to consider the change of this behavior:

Sub-tasks as an applicable issue type for Requests 

That being said, could you please provide us with more details on why do you need the organization field to be displayed in sub-tasks?

If it is just to make it easy to find those issues posteriorly (With JQL filters), I suggest you to use a different field to achieve that, as Labels.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Tina_Allen May 1, 2020

Thank you for your answer. In the mean time trying to figure this out I converted the Business Project to a Classical Service Desk Project and taken the Sub Tasks and converted them to Service Requests-Desktop/Laptop support and still have the same behavior on the Organizations field of not displaying even though it is listed in the fields on Configure Screen?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events