cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option for field doesnt exist when it does

Harry Bob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2020

Hello,

I have a field with a few values in it. I am creating a JQL query for my queue and I get the following error message.

I know the 'Get IT Help' value is there because its showing all the request types. and then I am typing the query the Get IT Help option appears.

Is this a bug or something? I've refreshed my browser just to confirm but not sure why its doing this.

Any ideas?

Snip20200130_216.png

1 answer

1 vote
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2020

Hi @Harry Bob ,

I see a couple of things there that might be at issue based on your screenshot and description of the problem. I'll take a stab at them and let me know if either of them are it.

• "Department" strikes me as it wouldn't have a value of "Get IT Help" possible. Perhaps what you need is a JQL that says (based on your comments):
    • Customer Request Type = "Get IT Help" and status in ("To Do", "In Progress")
  • If you are trying to search on the summary with those words (based on your screenshot) it might be:
    • summary ~ "get it help" and status in ("To Do", "In Progress")

Give those a shot. If it isn't those, might need more information to head you on the way.

Best,

Mike

Harry Bob
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2020

Hi @Mike Rathwell

Thanks for your reply.

I managed to find a workaround which works. I used the Field ID for that field.

The value of 'Get IT Help' does exist so maybe there is some bug with JIRA or something.

So below is the same screenshot with my workaround

Snip20200131_220.png

Thanks for your help! :)

Like Igrar Melikov likes this
Igrar Melikov November 8, 2020

Hi Harry, 

Good workaround. I had the same problem, probably it is a bug. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events