Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Schema Export in Insight Cloud

Martin Vogt April 19, 2021

Hello Community

According to the instructions, the object schema can be exported in Insight on premise. Unfortunately, I cannot find this function in the cloud version.

Can the object schema really not be exported in the cloud version?

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2021

Hello @Martin Vogt,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

On Insight for Jira Cloud, it’s possible to export only Objects and not Object Schemas. 

For more information, please, check the documentation below:

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Martin Vogt April 21, 2021

Hello @Angélica Luz 

Thank you very much for the quick feedback. Will this feature be available in the future? It is tedious not to be able to export "backups" or "variants" while building the object schema.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2021

Hi Martin,

There is a feature request suggesting implementing this feature on the Cloud version:

This feature was created in the Mindville portal, so it's not possible to vote or watch the ticket.

3 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 17, 2022

Hello @Paul Hecker and @Jan Odvárka,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

The links I shared previously were from Mindville and everything was migrated to our documentation directory now, that’s why it’s not working anymore. 

Although the links are not working, my answer is still valid because it’s not possible to export Object Schemas, only Objects.

This is the new feature request suggesting this option:

Please, click on vote and also watch to receive updates from our product managers.

Kind regards,
Angélica

2 votes
Felix Haverkamp June 29, 2022

@Angélica Luz 

could you explain whats going on with this?

For our company, as we are atlassian platin partner, we need this feature to realize customer projects and deploy insight schemas.

Writing them "by hand" is so 1999 ;-)

0 votes
Gia Jgarkava _Twinit_ October 26, 2022

Hello everyone! :)

We are Twinit, an Atlassian Marketplace vendor and recently we have released an app that probably satisfies your requirements. With Insight Assets Backup you can backup and restore certain schemas either in the original or into another cloud instance. For more details please refer to the app documentation.

You can try the app and if you have any questions and/or suggestions, please let me know via this thread or by opening a ticket on our Service Desk. We are constantly working on improvements, so your wishes and comments have huge value to us.

Best regards,

Twinit team

0 votes
Felix Haverkamp March 16, 2022

Atlassian documentation seems to be wrong, where is import and export schema?
The Roadmap for Insight states that object schema import and export is already released in q3 2021. But where is it?
https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/cloud?selectedProduct=jiraService&search=insight

admin-nwalter November 2, 2022

Outdated

0 votes
Paul Hecker January 14, 2022

Hello @Angélica Luz 

Unfortunately, I found that neither of the links are working.

However I did find a reference to "Insight schema export & import" for cloud as "Shipped Q3 2021", https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/cloud?selectedProduct=jiraService&search=insight, but the page does not show the original enhancement request and referring link is to an article titled "Import an object schema", https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/import-an-object-schema, but it does not have information on the schema export from cloud.  I've provided feedback on the "Import an object schema" article but if you are able to provide updates here it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jan Odvárka January 16, 2022

Hello,

well we are in the same situation, we would like to import object scheme using "import" scheme function, however we are missing "export" which is kinda crucial,...

Cheers 

Jan

J Conners November 28, 2023

What a cluster!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events