Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Object Schema Export in Insight Cloud

Hello Community

According to the instructions, the object schema can be exported in Insight on premise. Unfortunately, I cannot find this function in the cloud version.

Can the object schema really not be exported in the cloud version?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hello @Martin Vogt,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

On Insight for Jira Cloud, it’s possible to export only Objects and not Object Schemas. 

For more information, please, check the documentation below:

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Hello @Angélica Luz 

Thank you very much for the quick feedback. Will this feature be available in the future? It is tedious not to be able to export "backups" or "variants" while building the object schema.

Hi Martin,

There is a feature request suggesting implementing this feature on the Cloud version:

This feature was created in the Mindville portal, so it's not possible to vote or watch the ticket.

1 vote

Hello @Paul Hecker and @Jan Odvarka,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

The links I shared previously were from Mindville and everything was migrated to our documentation directory now, that’s why it’s not working anymore. 

Although the links are not working, my answer is still valid because it’s not possible to export Object Schemas, only Objects.

This is the new feature request suggesting this option:

Please, click on vote and also watch to receive updates from our product managers.

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes

Hello @Angélica Luz 

Unfortunately, I found that neither of the links are working.

However I did find a reference to "Insight schema export & import" for cloud as "Shipped Q3 2021", https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/cloud?selectedProduct=jiraService&search=insight, but the page does not show the original enhancement request and referring link is to an article titled "Import an object schema", https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/import-an-object-schema, but it does not have information on the schema export from cloud.  I've provided feedback on the "Import an object schema" article but if you are able to provide updates here it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello,

well we are in the same situation, we would like to import object scheme using "import" scheme function, however we are missing "export" which is kinda crucial,...

Cheers 

Jan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Next level incident management in Jira Service Management

Hello Atlassian Community! We’re thrilled to announce some exciting changes to incident management in Jira Service Management Cloud, in order to give your teams extra muscle during incidents, and ...

1,699 views 21 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you