Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OAuth 2.0 "The connection has failed. Check the application logs for details."

Derek September 27, 2022

Cant update to OAuth 2.0 Intergration. The "Test Connection" keeps failing. I am 100% certain I'm entered the Client ID, Client Secret, and Redirect URL correctly.

Followed basicly these instructions:

We are using Microsoft/Azure.

I have tried serveral different Scopes entries. I not sure what this is suppose to be. I tried

I followed this link https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/the-connection-test-of-the-oauth-2-0-integration-fails-with-the-error-the-connection-has-failed-check-the-application-logs-for-details-1096094146.html 

Nothing seems to work. Need help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Derek September 30, 2022

I issue I was having was user input. On Azure side, when I created the New Secret, I was adding the Secret ID to jira, when I should have been adding the "Value" generated. 

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

Hi @Derek , 

Would recommend to tail or to trace the log when attempting the connection to get further details on what issue you encountering for the failure. The failure could be for any number of reason. Usually, its the fail handshake. 

Also, recommend to open a Atlassian support ticket at the same time and attach the logs as well.

Thanks,

Ben 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events