Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notify user of unassigned tickets

Tori Krueger January 5, 2021

Is there a way to notify an admin of unassigned tickets in Jira Service Desk?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Artur Moura
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2021

Hi @Tori Krueger 

From Jira vanilla it is not possible, however, you can use the Automation for Jira, in which you can schedule a JQL to find the tickets and then create an action to send the e-mail.

Hope it helps.

Tori Krueger January 7, 2021

Thanks and appreciate the information.  I am fairly new to Jira and looked in the automation feature.  I am struggling with how to add the notification for the emails.  

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

Hi @Tori Krueger

an alternative approach could be to craft a JQL query/filter, like Artur already mentioned, and then subscribe the interested parties to the search results.

This can be done by stock functionality "Filter Subscription" and is further explained here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/working-with-search-results-861257284.html#Workingwithsearchresults-subscribeSubscribingtoyoursearchresults

Also this blog post I found very helpful:
https://www.atlassian.com/blog/2013/02/jql-the-most-flexible-way-to-search-jira-3-of-4

Apart from that all from Marketplace there are Apps available which are capable of catering that need more specifically - it depends on how high expectations are and what additional features this option might need to have from a users view.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events