Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications

Abracadabra August 3, 2020

Hi!

We have a license for 3 agents. They receive email notifications based on tickets.

For email notifications, I added a Manager to Project settings\Notifications. Added his address as:

• Single Email Address
  • Single User

But he gets nothing. What to do? Is it because we have a license for 3 agents?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Abracadabra August 4, 2020

Trevan thank you for your answer!

The Manager is not a user of the system, since we have a limit of 3 agents.I can't add it. He is a domain user (connected in "User Directories"). The Manager is the agent's supervisor, and I wanted him to receive emails as well. Probably have to do it via the mail server.

Trevan Householder_Isos-Tech-Consulting_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2020

@Abracadabra Yes, I see. Though this functionality is not available out of the box, you could easily do this with an awesome app called Automation for Jira. 

Abracadabra August 4, 2020

How do I do this? I found "Automation for Jira - Server" and "Automation for Jira - Server Light". Which one should I use?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2020

I'd recommend the full, paid version because you're going to run into limitations with the light version and end up upgrading anyway.  May as well save yourself the hassle and just bite the bullet.  It's not expensive.

Abracadabra August 10, 2020

Thanks for the help Trevan!

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2020

@Abracadabra If this solved it for you, please accept the answer so others can find the solution, too.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2020

@Abracadabra 

Does the manager have an account in the system?  If so: Customer?  User? 

Only a customer or a user/agent in the system can get emails.  

When you add an address for "Single Email Address", the following applies:

Notifications will be sent only for public issues. Public issues are issues which have a Permission scheme that gives the 'Browse Projects' permission to 'Anyone'(any non-logged-in users).

That scenario probably won't work for you because most companies do not make their issues public.  

For "Single User" to work, the manager would have to have an account in the system.

Or, are you saying that the manager is a user in the system and they are still not receiving the appropriate notifications?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events