cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification when user is registered

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2021

So, let's say that I invite the specific user to be a customer in my JSM project. When a user is invited he/she will get an invitation via e-mail in a form of a clickable link.

Once the link is opened, the user must enter details (first name, last name,...) to complete registration.

Is there any way to notify the project administrator once the user has completed registration and finished creating a user account? It seems I can't find this option anywhere.

Please note that I'm only Jira admin but not site or organization admin as well.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Benjamin Paton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2021

Hey Tomislav,

This is not something that is possible, the closest I can think of would be to create an automation that notifies you when a customer raises their first ticket.

I would love to learn more about why you want to know when a user has completed their account setup.

Cheers,

Ben

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2021

Hey Ben!

Thanks for the info.

In my case, I had a situation where some of the agents raised a request for a specific customer that was invited to a portal (before the user was invited). He registered soon enough but we were not sure should we assign the issue to him as we were not sure if he in fact created an account.

Maybe a good solution, if we forget about notifications, would be that in the customer list, next to a customer name, we have an Invitation sent or something similar, just as info in case registration to that specific user (e-mail) is not finished yet.

My next question then related to this and to a situation we had is, if the user is not yet registered (only the invitation mail is sent), can we even assign that user to a specific issue/request, and if yes, will that user get notified by e-mail that issue was assigned to him and keep on receiving e-mail notifications?

Best regards,

Tom

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2021

Hi @Tomislav Tobijas

as for your question:

if the user is not yet registered (only the invitation mail is sent), can we even assign that user to a specific issue/request, and if yes, will that user get notified by e-mail that issue was assigned to him and keep on receiving e-mail notifications?

I did the following:

1. Created a customer
  2. Checked he successfully received the invite
  3. Created a request (using proper Request Type)
  4. Confirmed that the customer (note: invitation still pending!) received the mail

I even tested to save a comment ("Reply to customer") and the customer is also receiving this - although not yet finished signing up.

Regards,
Daniel

Like Tomislav Tobijas likes this
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2021

Hello @Daniel Ebers

Thanks for testing this!

This actually works in my case as we can proceed with assigning the issue to a new customer.
However, from a different point of view, wouldn't you be able to 'spam' people with mail and notifications in case they maybe don't want to register or if you maybe have sent an invitation to a wrong e-mail?

Not sure what's the best option here - I'm just thinking out loud.

Nevertheless, thanks for the info!

Best regards,

Tom

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2021

Thinking out loud is very important in our highly technical times - keep it up! ;)

I almost forgot, next to the thoughts you mentioned in your last reply, that for the part...

Maybe a good solution, if we forget about notifications, would be that in the customer list, next to a customer name, we have an Invitation sent or something similar, just as info in case registration to that specific user (e-mail) is not finished yet.

...why not open a Suggestion on it? I screened jira.atlassian.com but in a hurry I was not able to identify a Suggestion like this.

I see two separate suggestions (flagging invited customers + preventing a potential 'spammy' problem) in this thread, so, if you want to place them there is the chance to do so at:
https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Regards,
Daniel

Like Tomislav Tobijas likes this
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2021

Cheers for taking a look at this @Daniel Ebers!

I've already created suggestion about notification when a user is registered: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-9684

Also, I've opened suggestions on those two things we mentioned here:

Hope this will help someone if they stumble on it.

To sum up - guess I've found out what I was looking for in here.

Thanks guys!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events