Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification not send

tuan quan January 5, 2023

Hello, 

I have an issue with the notifications since 1 month (it worked well before). 

When we add a public comment  with a @User, a notification is send to the user who had created the issue, but not to the user noted.  it works correctly on the test environment.
Production logs below for the issue SUP-69911

Thankslog.png

4 answers

0 votes
tuan quan January 25, 2023

Hello, 

Finally, a full reindexation has solved the issue. 

Thanks

0 votes
tuan quan January 24, 2023

Hello, 

Is there someone one your team who is enable to look at the logs? 

Do you think that an upgrade could resolve this issue? 

Thanks

0 votes
tuan quan January 13, 2023

Hello, 

She is on the roles service desk Customers.

Thanks

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2023

@tuan quan 

Have you tried using the notification helper to ensure that the user's permissions are set up correctly?  I would take a look at this and see if it provides any errors https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/jira-admin-helper-938847791.html#JiraAdminHelper-NotificationHelper 

tuan quan January 6, 2023

Hello,

This kind of notification (notify a user when he is mentionned into a comment) is not sent by defaut? I have already used this tools but this can of event is not into the list.

Thanks

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2023

@tuan quan It should just be a comment.  Are they checking out on the tool to receive comments on the issue that they are not being notified on?

tuan quan January 9, 2023

Hello, 

yes that the idea. When we want to notify someone who doesn't participate to the issue, we use the fonction @User in order to send him a notification. 

It worked before, and it still works on the test environment.

Thanks

tuan quan January 11, 2023

Hello, 

Nobody have encounted this issue?  Or someone have an idea to solve this issue? 

Thanks

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2023

@tuan quan When you use the notification checker are the individuals you are using @mention on have the ability to receive comments.  

tuan quan January 12, 2023

Hello, 

How can I check that users have ability to receive comments? 

Thanks

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2023

@tuan quan you can use the notification helper.  You will select the user, issue and the notification (comment) to see if the user should be getting them.   https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/jira-admin-helper-938847791.html#JiraAdminHelper-NotificationHelper 

tuan quan January 13, 2023

Hello Brant,

In the notification Helper you mention, the event notification (comment) doesn't match this the notification send when we mention someone with the @user 

I send you an example from our test environment. 

I have mentioned a user who have no rights on the ticket, but she receive an email when I mention her in the comment1.png2.png3.png

Thanks

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2023

@tuan quan Is the person in the above example a customer on the test JSM project?  

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2023

@tuan quan In production is the user that you are tagging a customer in the JSM project?   Are they only a customer or do they have other roles as well?

tuan quan January 16, 2023

Hello, 

Yes they are customer on the JSM project. 

They have the role service desk team.

Thanks

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2023

So they are a customer and are on the service desk team?

tuan quan January 23, 2023

Hello, 

Yes. Some of them are in the Administrators group, but the issue still here regardless of the user's group. 

Thanks

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2023

@tuan quan How are your customer permissions setup in test and prod, are they the same?  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/change-project-customer-permissions/ 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events