Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification modal is popping up every time the issue detailed view page is refreshed

devsuresh2005 May 26, 2021

Hi Team,

I am getting this pop-up every time I refresh the page,

image.png

Here are few findings:

1) This is not a browser setting issue, I checked in different browsers

2) The issue is specific to a particular user not for everyone

3) This pops up on all issue detail view screen regardless of project

Additional troubleshooting finding: This pop up never appeared for me personally but when I impersonate as the issue reported user, I started getting the same pop-up again and again.

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

Hi @devsuresh2005 

Yes, so this kind of notifications are triggered every X hours by Atlassian and it is targeted for specific roles for example admins. That is why some people see this some people do not.. Those are called whisper notifications and are controlled by a plugin/module. Unfortunately you do not have control who and hen receive that kind of information. It would show until you dismiss it. It could be disabled entirely, but not sure what would happen after that.

For more information you can look here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-69753

Your case that when you refresh issue details page it show up is probably a bug in this feature. Does this not stop showing when you click "Got it"?

devsuresh2005 May 27, 2021

Hi Mirek,

Thank you for your time and your inputs, unfortunately, yes, Close button, Got It, Learn More, tried all three options but no luck :(.

Also, I have removed the user from the jira-service-management group and checked still no luck.

Usually, a cookie will set on the browser side to ensure such notifications appear only once but it fails, I guess.

Thanks.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

So Jira restart did not helped? Did you tried that? Maybe you can also try to disable and enable the plugin itself (jira-whisper-plugin-*.jar) - it should be visible in UPM under system plugins.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events