Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification email rejected from receiver

Hugo Coursiere January 20, 2021

Hello All,

We have customer's users not receiving email from our "Jira".

Email are rejected by their system due to no answer from Jira mail server with following error in their log file:

Jan  5 10:22:45 is8 postin/smtpd[14406]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mta-81-121.sparkpostmail.com[192.xxx.xxx.xxx]: 550 5.1.7 <jira@mail-us.atlassian.net>: Sender address rejected: undeliverable address: host atlassian.mx.e.sparkpost.com[44.233.210.138] said: 550 5.7.1 relaying denied (in reply to RCPT TO command); from=<jira@mail-us.atlassian.net> to=<xxxx.yyyyyy@ddomainname.de> proto=ESMTP helo=<mta-81-121.sparkpostmail.com>

Thanks for help.

1 answer

0 votes
Jason D_Cruz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2021

Hi Hugo,

I'm from the Product Team on Jira Service Management. Our engineers have advised that you raise a support request here. 

Do let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers,
Jason

Hugo Coursiere January 21, 2021

Hi Jason,

Yes, I do.

Our customer is not receiving the email sent by our Jira SD since their email server is not "accepting" the as they cannot authenticate your email server (consider as spam).

Sender address rejected: undeliverable address: host atlassian.mx.e.sparkpost.com[44.233.210.138] said: 550 5.7.1 relaying denied (in reply to RCPT TO command);

How can we in Jira configuration (if possible) solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Hugo,

Jason D_Cruz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2021

Hi Hugo,

Was this customer previously receiving mails but now they are not? I'll need to understand the cause first before suggesting what can be done.

Could you please raise a support request? I'll be able to follow up with support to resolve this better.

Thanks,
Jason

Hugo Coursiere January 22, 2021

Hi Jason,

It never worked.

Cheers,

Hugo.

Hugo Coursiere January 22, 2021

Ticket open with support.

Jason D_Cruz
Atlassian Team
January 24, 2021

Thanks Hugo.

If it never worked, then it could just be a case of the receiver needing to whitelist our IPs. Could you ping me the support ticket details at jdcruz@atlassian.com?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events