Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not seeing Requests from Customer Portal

larias January 8, 2021

I'm an administrator and can not see any requests from the customer portal .  It looks like I need to change a setting but not sure where.  I would like to view and search all requests submitted from the customer portal.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2021

Hello @larias,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The customer portal is a simple view for customers to create and view their requests.

With this said, for someone to see a ticket in the portal they must be:

• The reporter
  • A participant of the ticket
  • Member of an organization that the ticket was shared with

Also, for tickets to be visible for those three roles above, it's necessary that it has a Request type.

Administrators and agents have permission to view and work on tickets internally on the agent view. It's not possible to see any ticket in the portal even being an administrator because it doesn't depend on your access level, but on the permission on that specific ticket.

If you open a ticket internally and click on "View request in portal", you will be able to see the ticket, but only because you access its direct link. If you go to My requests > All, the ticket won't be listed there due to what I mentioned before.

I would suggest that you work only using the agent view, because if you add yourself as a participant or on an organization in order to view the ticket in the portal, notifications may not work as expected because you will be a customer and an agent/administrator at the same time.

Regards,
Angélica

larias January 8, 2021

Thanks Angelica - This makes sense.  I'm wondering if I should create an automation rule that shares the ticket to everyone in the organization when the ticket is created.  Thanks for your help.

Christine Corona May 31, 2023

@Angélica Luz the requirements you listed above for a customer to view requests via the portal requests button...are those AND requirements or OR requirements ( i.e. - user must be the reporter AND a participant AND member of an org) or (i.e. - user must be reporter OR a participant OR member of an org)? 

Is the functionality behind 'Created by Anyone' to show results of issues created by anyone of which the customer is the reporter OR a participant OR a the ticket was shared with them by someone within their same org? This would answer my original question.

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2021

Hi @larias 

Few questions:

1) Do you want to see the requests in the Help Center View or in the Agent/ Jira view?

2) Are you able to see the JSM Projects in the "Projects" drop down menu?

larias January 8, 2021

Hi Deepanshu - I want to see them in the Help Center View and i am able to see the JSM Project from the drop down.  When I choose that specific project, I get 0 request returned and a blank page.   Thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events