Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting notification when changing the assignee

Rosana Casilli September 22, 2020

Hi All!!

I have this situation, it happens in one of the  project we have. I never get the notifications, when the user change the assignee in the edition screen.

In the notification scheme it is  set the issue creation/ updated/ assigned, but the notification is not received.

There is no assignation screen, as I have mentioned, the user change the assignee (or assign for the first time)

Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance.

Ro

1 answer

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2020

Hi @Rosana Casilli 

If you use the Notification Helper in Jira it will tell you why you're not receiving notifications.

If you use the following link it will tell you where to find the helper:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/jira-admin-helper-818578850.html

Hope that helps

Thanks, Liam

Rosana Casilli September 22, 2020

Thanks Liam for your quick response.

I have checked with the Notification helper and it doesn't show any errors, it says I have the permissions in those events.

On the other hand, I have set all the notifications in my profile.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2020

Hi Ro

Could you possibly provide a screenshot of the notifications - one for a project that works and one for the project that doesn't?

Thanks, Liam

Rosana Casilli September 23, 2020

Hi Liam!.. 

Sorry for not replying on time. 

I have found that it is happening in all the projects (I have been performing some test in oher project). In all cases I am not getting the notification when an user is assigned to the issue (it doesn't matter if i am the reporter or not) 

All the projects are using the default notification scheme.

This is what it is shown in service desk 

Notificaciones service desk.PNG

this is the default notification scheme:

default notification scheme.PNG

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2020

Hi Ro

I don't speak Spanish - but Google translate has helped with the above and I think I understand it all.

Just to clarify, are you saying you don't get emails when a ticket is assigned to you or when a ticket is assigned to someone else?

Looking at your scheme and the fact that you've checked permission helper - I'm wondering if it might be that the email is being blocked by your email provider, would it be possible for you to check with your IT team?

Thanks, Liam

Rosana Casilli September 24, 2020

Hi Liam!!! thanks for your answer once again! :)

this happens in all cases:

- When it is assigned to me 

- When it is assigned to somebody else.

Meanwhile, I will check with the IT team to check if there is anything bolocking the emails.

I will let you know. 

Thanks Liam!

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2020

Hi Ro

It is very strange - do let me know what your IT team says

Thanks, Liam

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS