Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not all customers should see an organization's requests.

Stefan Schnieder
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 26, 2024

Hello,

We offer IT services to various customers in our region and would like to provide them with a portal using Jira to submit requests and view their documentation. I have 2 questions about this.

1. how can I set that only certain customers can see a request type? (This can be specified for users and groups, but not for customers).

2. how can I set that, for example, only managing directors of an organization can see all requests? The employees of the organization should only see their own requests.

I have been working with Jira Service Management for half a year now and am trying to set it up for my customers, but I am wondering more and more whether it is good for internal use rather than for customer service.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alain Kovacs July 26, 2024

Hi @Stefan Schnieder 

1. As per https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-or-remove-restrictions-on-request-types/ 

Only users and groups with Atlassian accounts can be given access to restricted request types. Project roles, customer accounts, and customer organizations are not supported at this time.

So it's not possible to do what you want.. Depending on how much you actually need/want this, as a workaround, you could technically make a new project or more, with only that specific request, and then synchronize it with your actual project either via automation or Scriptrunner, but this would be a rather complicated way of achieving this..
  2. To my knowledge this is not possible either. There is no hierarchy in an organization, so either you share it with an organization, or you don't. One workaround that I can think of here would be that you hide the organization field https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/How-hide-share-button-at-portal/qaq-p/1018821#:~:text=As%20a%20Jira%20administrator%2C%20go,remove%20them%20from%20the%20Organization. and  then via an automation/scriptrunner add the managing director(s) to each ticket as participants.. It will take a bit of maintenance, but it's possible.

0 votes
Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2024

@Stefan SchniederAs for 1, one option is to set a different JSM project for each customer and configure its permissions so a customer only sees his project in the portal (recently was announced that there can be multiple help centers, so you can also have different look and feel for each).

As for 2, is this for internal use? the managing directors and employees are those from your company?

i have set a JSM for internal use where every user can see any tickets (Created by Anyone).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events