Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How hide share button at portal?

I need to hide the share button with the organization when creating the issue. Tickets must be available to everyone within the organization.

Screenshot_3.jpg

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Пушкарь Роман ,

Currently, the only way to remove/hide this button is by removing everyone of the organization. The button only appears for customers that belongs to an organization.
We have a feature request suggesting the ability to choose a default value for the "Share with":
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5307
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

For now, if the customer does not share the ticket with the organization, an agent must manually set the organization in the ticket.

Regards,
Angélica

Hi Angelica,

I'm afraid it doesn't make any sense to set manually the Organization in a ticket if a customer decided not to share it with his Organization. 

Not sharing a ticket to everyone does not mean you're not part of your Organization. 

This field should really be removable.

Regards,
Simon

Like Andrew Marshall likes this

I agree with Simon (above).

This button is confusing, especially (as in my case) when an organization has 100 members.  It should be removable.

Seneca

Full agree with Simon.

I don't want that every customer can see other organisations names. Just GDPR issue.

Another + here.

Please remove it.

Thanks.

2021 - no change. Feels like there's so many of these floating issues from Jira that are under prioritised.

This field should 100% be removable. I don't want my service desk customers sharing requests at all. I understand setting a default value, but at the same time this button should be removable. Forcing me to set a value feels immature, like you've decided what my use-case is as well as everyone else's. Give maximum usability by letting us make the decisions on how buttons like this interact. 

This is all my opinion:

The Organization field is not fully thought out and it feels like JIRA is trying to solve two unique use cases with it. 

1) I should be able to use the Organization field to determine what tickets belong to what Organizations. 

2) A user should be able to select whether their ticket is public or private to their organization.

A customer's choice to share their ticket should have ABSOLUTELY NO relation to the Organization field. Perhaps another field should be created "Private ticket" with true or false depending on if the user wants to share or not.

So how can one field satisfy both these use cases? It makes no sense. 

If one of my agents sees that Organization is blank - Is that because the customer declined to share? Or is that because our workflow failed to automatically set the Organization based on the customer's email domain? Or something else? How do I know the user doesn't want to share the ticket just because the Organization field is blank? 

Because of all this, we really need fine grained control over that "Share with" field on the Portal, or a completely overhauled solution to these use cases and my suggestion is to create more fields to house the customer's decision to share or not, and then automatically populate the Organization field from their email domain.

This problem impacts downstream processes like searching for all tickets in an Organization - my search won't return results when the customer declined to share their ticket. And if I go and populate the Organization field where it is missing .... the customer may not be happy about me deciding to share their ticket. This can't be solved with one field.

100% agree with your analysis

Like # people like this

Following up on the reasoning provided above, is there any feature request that would address this matter on the Atlassian team end, that can be further upvoted/watched? 

This is a major issue considering it puts the power in the hands of a single customer to share their ticket with everyone in an org. Far too easy to make mistakes, or for them to do it without knowing any better, and now 100+ people in an org have access to the ticket. Aside from security issues, it's also going to confuse the heck out of people.

This field needs to have the option to be disabled, either outright or conditionally depending on the request type. There should also be the ability to update description text so users can be informed of it's function and be less prone to mistakes when it's used. Training and documentation can only go so far with that.

0 votes

Hi,

I really need to remove this button, my project is stuck at this point since everytime a user creates an issue and forgets to set this drop down as no one, the entire company starts to receive annoying notifications, it also goes against all our policy about privacy, security and data protection since many cases are related to internal processes. This button should never exist or be removable. Please proceed.

Hello @NUB7/8 IT Support,

Welcome to Community!

I’m not sure if you saw the ticket I shared in my first response on this thread. The feature was implemented and now it’s possible to set the default value for the field. 

As a Jira administrator, go to Cog icon > Products > Configuration (under Jira Service Management).

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 10.57.08.png

The button will only be visible if a customer belongs to an organization. If you don’t want them to share tickets, the best option is to remove them from the Organization.

- Remove a customer from an organization 

- Remove an organization from a service project 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

ThinkTilt is joining the Atlassian Family!

This morning, Atlassian announced the acquisition of ThinkTilt , the maker of ProForma, a no-code/low code form builder with 700+ customers worldwide. ThinkTilt helps IT empower any team in their or...

459 views 19 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you