Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to find "Raise a Request" tab in agent portal

Beeraiah Velumula March 13, 2021

Hi Team,

I Just Created Jira Service Project(using it service management template). But I am not able to find "Raise a Request" option in the Agent portal.

Could you please let me know the issue.

change.png

Thanks,

Velu

2 answers

3 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2021

Hello @Beeraiah Velumula,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

Testing on my local site, the “Raise a request” option is not visible on ITSM template, but it has the exact same functionality as the Channels > Help center. 

Both options will redirect the agent to the customer portal to select the Request type to create a ticket.

Screen Recording 2021-03-16 at 05.18.17 PM.gif

That previous behavior that would open a popup window to create the ticket without going to the portal was removed a while ago and it’s not possible to add it back.

Also, if an Agent uses the “Create” button they can select the Request type and also use the “Raise this request on behalf of” that, once again, is the same as creating the ticket on the portal or using the “Raise a request”.

Create button:

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 17.23.02.png

Portal:

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 17.24.31.png

As Jack mentioned, the correct template for Change management is ITSM, and to be honest with you, it’s not worth using a different template just because of the Raise request option, since you can achieve the same using Channels > Help center or the Create button. 

Hope this clarifies!

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2021

You are using the ITSM project template. I have not set this up in my own instance so my feedback is limited. :-(

However, I do know the "Raise a request" does not exist in the sidebard for ITSM as you have seen for yourself. However, you can do so either via the Create button or if you wish to use the Customer forms then you can go to Channels and open the portal and do from there. In effect the "Raise a request" link is the same. Finally you could consider adding a direct link using the add item button. There may be a different solution from others that are actively using ITSM.

Beeraiah Velumula March 13, 2021

Hi Jack,

Thanks for quick reply!

So, you are saying for ITSM Project template we don't get "Raise a Request" option?

Could you please let me know which is recommended template for Change Management project?

Thanks,

Velu

Madineni March 13, 2021

Hi jack, At least is their any to change the template of the project to retain Raise a Request option. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2021

You can’t change a projects template. You could create a new project and move issues. But ITSM is certainly used for change management.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events