Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not abe to add panel on user's profile page.

Manish Kumar Singh May 3, 2020

Hi All,

I am trying to add one panel on the user's profile page of jira service desk server, but i am not able to add. 

I used this link: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/customer-portal/#profile-page
 I got the location: servicedesk.portal.profile.panels 

I am using customerportal as a context to load the js file.

I want to use my panel on the same location as given in the below image.  

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 1.40.59 AM.png

But I am not able to add the panel on the user's profile. 

Could anyone help me? 

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2020

Hi,

I understand that you want to be able to customize the user profile page for Jira Service Desk.  While you have found the web fragment name, knowing this is not sufficient to be able to add content there.  You will need to either create a plugin for Jira that references that web fragment and include your code there OR you could leverage another plugin to help you do this.

More details in JIRA Developer Documentation : Web fragments.

I know that Scriptrunner has a number of built in scripts that they can use to make changes like this much easier to implement.  This is documented in Scriptrunner Documentation: Customising the UI.  It is possible there are other existing solutions as well in Marketplace, but I'm not aware of any that provide this specific functionality.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events