cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Emails to the Service Desk Email Channel

Brady Phipps
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 22, 2020

I'm using jira service desk to receive emails and create tickets however the default email address is not receiving messages. This is the default provided address (support@<subdomain>.atlassian.net). When I try to test the address from multiple accounts, no messages are getting though. It shows that the last message received was 5 months ago (see screenshot below). The setup worked when I intially set it up and tested it at tht time, but I cannot get it to work now.  I tried following the troubleshooting steps in this article but nothing seems to be working: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/troubleshooting-issues-with-the-email-channel-939926309.html

I'm not using a custom email service, just the Atlassian provided address.

Capture1.PNG

In addition when I try to view the log processing log details i get a 401 error, trying to retrieve them:

capture2.png

When I try to view the connectivity log, I only see one email which worked months ago:

capture3.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2020

Hello Brady,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Thank you for sharing the screenshots.

The issue that you are facing is related to a bug. For more details, please check the link below: 

Since you are the administrator of the site, please confirm if you are member of the role Administrator on the project. It's important that you don't add yourself to all the roles, since the Administrator one have all the necessary permissions you need. You can find this information on Project settings > People (Classic) or Project settings > Internal access (Next-gen).

Please, click on "This affects my team" and also watch the bug so that you are notified when this is fixed in a future release.

Regards,
Angélica

Brady Phipps
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 24, 2020

Thanks @Angélica Luz . I made the suggested updates and am now able to receive emails as expected. I appreciate the help and will watch the issue for a solution.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2020

Hi @Brady Phipps 

What you can do here is change the Email request email prefix and test that if it works. e.g helpdesk@<yourinstance>.atlassian.net. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events