Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Templates Found for Jira Service Desk Classic

Vlas Lisnyi November 27, 2019

Hi everyone,

I've set up a new Jira instance recently and was wanting to create a Classic Service Desk project. However, when I choose change template and change category to Service Desk - I get "No templates found". And I'm unable to proceed to create a project.

Note: For the older Jira instances where classic SD projects existed there is such a possibility.

Does anyone know how to overcome this?

Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Vlas Lisnyi November 27, 2019

I figured this out myself.

/projects/%project-name%/settings/advanced - from here a classic project can be created.

Michał Kukla January 17, 2020

@Vlas Lisnyi could you help me out with this?

Should I create new project first? Let's call it CSD. And then get to the address above? 

/projects/CSD/settings/advanced

?

Because if I do that there is no way to change project type.

Vlas Lisnyi January 18, 2020

That's correct, you have to create a new-type project first. Then in 'advanced' options you kind of unlock the ability to create classic SDs.

danny_lake January 22, 2020

Wow. This functionality unbelievably buried. I had a 'test' instance of JIRA that I was playing around with, and now will be setting up my 'real' instance of JIRA, and finding out this is the only way to 'unlock' Classic projects in JSD is extremely disappointing and frustrating. I spent hours digging around trying to find out why in my 'real' instance I couldn't create a Classic JSD project.  

It is sad that JIRA is forcing customers down a path (next-gen) that is clearly not ready yet. There is core functionality missing in next-gen.

Thank you so much for posting this answer.

Like RentalHost likes this
RentalHost February 11, 2020

I am not able to find "Advanced" anywhere under settings for the next gen project.  Could you please specify where this is?

RentalHost February 11, 2020

I just realized this can only be done by typing the URL -- basically there is no menu item for advanced.  Can not understand why they are hiding this.  Spent hours on this.

danny_lake February 11, 2020

@RentalHost  - I believe it was under the Project Settings of an existing Next Gen project - if you go through those settings, one of the screen says something like "Next Gen templates not what you're looking for?" And then you click that and that unlocks the ability for you to actually create a Service Desk project using a Classic template. Still mind blown on how forced we are down the Next Gen pipe.

caglad
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2020

OMG! After hours of searching and trying.. yours was the answer to my problem! thanks you @danny_lake 

Like danny_lake likes this
1 vote
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2020

Hi all,

Thanks for the answers here.

Yeah, struggled to find this too but got there... You need to go to the Next Gen Project > Project settings > Advanced and then opt for the Classic SD option and provide feedback as to why you want to use it.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

0 votes
James Hodgkinson January 19, 2021

As a user trying to take advantage of Advanced Roadmap functionality, this challenge is frustrating on a few levels:

1. If next gen is so great, maybe support it with your best features
  2. Why is this so well hidden?

Now that I'm done griping, good solution to this problem. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events