Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No E-Mail for public comment

Aspectra Jira December 18, 2020

Hi everyone

We use JIRA Service Desk 4.6.1. It looks like that in some cases Watchers, Reporter neither the current Assignee gets an notification about a new comment. I already checked the following:

• On the Service Desk Project under Notification for Issue commented is set for All Watchers, Current Assignee and Reporter
  • I checked our Maillog. It seems that no Mail has been generated by Jira

Does anyone know if this is a bug of the version 4.6.1 or what could cause this problem?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers
Patrick

3 answers

0 votes
Aspectra Jira January 3, 2021

Hi guys

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll check on them and let you know.

Regards
Patrick

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2021

Good luck!

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2020

Hi Patrick,

in case you haven't had the chance to use the Jira Admin Helper (Notification Helper) I'd give it a try.

The Notification Helper can you help figure out why a user didn't get an email notification when a comment was added. It's available from the view issue page, the issue navigator, and from Jira Administration.

Please note you have to be Jira Administrator to use it.

Some more information can be found here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/jira-admin-helper-938847791.html#JiraAdminHelper-NotificationHelper

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

@Aspectra Jira - hi Patrick! I see you mentioned "in some cases". Have you figured out which cases are generating notifications, and which are not?

I reviewed the release notes for JSM a few weeks ago and I don't recall any bugs affecting 4.6.x that might be preventing notifications from being sent out, but here's a link to the release notes at large: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagement/jira-service-desk-release-notes-780083086.html

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events