• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

No E-Mail for public comment

Hi everyone

We use JIRA Service Desk 4.6.1. It looks like that in some cases Watchers, Reporter neither the current Assignee gets an notification about a new comment. I already checked the following:

• On the Service Desk Project under Notification for Issue commented is set for All Watchers, Current Assignee and Reporter
  • I checked our Maillog. It seems that no Mail has been generated by Jira

Does anyone know if this is a bug of the version 4.6.1 or what could cause this problem?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers
Patrick

3 answers

0 votes

@Patrick Stocker - hi Patrick! I see you mentioned "in some cases". Have you figured out which cases are generating notifications, and which are not?

I reviewed the release notes for JSM a few weeks ago and I don't recall any bugs affecting 4.6.x that might be preventing notifications from being sent out, but here's a link to the release notes at large: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagement/jira-service-desk-release-notes-780083086.html

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Dec 25, 2020

Hi Patrick,

in case you haven't had the chance to use the Jira Admin Helper (Notification Helper) I'd give it a try.

The Notification Helper can you help figure out why a user didn't get an email notification when a comment was added. It's available from the view issue page, the issue navigator, and from Jira Administration.

Please note you have to be Jira Administrator to use it.

Some more information can be found here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/jira-admin-helper-938847791.html#JiraAdminHelper-NotificationHelper

Regards,
Daniel

Hi guys

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll check on them and let you know.

Regards
Patrick

Dave Liao Community Leader Jan 04, 2021

Good luck!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

182 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you