Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Assets attribute type as cascading list

Ksenia Abdulina April 4, 2023

Hi there! 

Did I understand right, that in Assets JSM there's no such attribute type as Cascading Select list?

2 answers

1 vote
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Hi @Ksenia Abdulina 

You can use the solution mentioned in How to configure Insight custom fields as cascading select list page.

Ksenia Abdulina April 5, 2023

Hi @Tansu Akdeniz 

Actually I'm looking for cascading list in assets object attributes

Снимок экрана 2023-04-05 114139.png

As I have dependency between two lists: The name of a system and subsystem. I want to be able to shorten the list of subsystems depending on a system.. or I have to scroll long list to choose the right one.. 

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

@Ksenia Abdulina -

I also agreed with Tansu's suggestion, you can utilize Jira/JSM custom fields setup (sourced from your Insight schema) to achieve the functionality.  Where the Insight Schema provides the options listing for the custom fields' dropdown.

Important - You will need to ensure that your Jira/JSM users must be able to access your Insight Schema (i.e. granted with Insight Schema Viewers role).

Hope this also helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events