Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ticket created every time someone new replies

leena.gokal January 16, 2020

We're having an issue where a new ticket is raised every time we receive an email that someone else replies to.

Example: Jerry emails service desk with an issue, cc'ing Alice and John. This creates a ticket. Now Alice replies all, this creates a new issue in the service desk rather than as a comment in the already created ticket.

How can I fix this?

2 answers

1 vote
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2020

Hello Leena,

Welcome to the community! This usually is a permissions issue where the customer doesnt have permission to share the request. Please see below and hopefully it resolves your issue. If not, let me know and we can try a couple more things.

Source: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/replies-to-jira-service-desk-tickets-result-in-duplicate-tickets-964967584.html 

Causes

Service Desk customers don't have permissions to share request with other people.

Resolution

In Jira Service Desk, only the issue reporter, the request participants and members of the organization which the ticket is shared with, are the customers who can comment on the ticket. That said, make sure that customers have permissions to add other people to the request.

• Go to Service Desk Project > Project settings > Customer permissions (or Service Desk Project > Project settings Channels > Customer permissions if it's a Next-gen project)

• Set the permission Who can customers share requests with? to Any customer by typing or Any customer by searching.

By changing the above, anyone who is CC'd in the original email will be added as a Request participant of the ticket, receiving the permission to have their responses processed as comments of the request.

leena.gokal January 21, 2020

Thanks Edwin,

I tried the suggest setting above, however I still see the same issue with duplicated tickets for replies :).

Happy to try any other suggestions you may have?

Thanks

Leena

Like Muhammad Dadu likes this
elvis August 23, 2020

I have the same issue. Changed these settings and thus the CC'd people were added as participants, but still if the participant replies - new ticket is created.

Like Muhammad Dadu likes this
Muhammad Dadu October 26, 2020

I have the exact same issue described above. Please help!

Jeremie DELASSUS November 3, 2020

I have the same issue as well. How to solve this?

Tim Kormylo December 30, 2020

Resolution

In Jira Service Management, only the issue reporter, the request participants and members of the organization which the ticket is shared with, are the customers who can comment on the ticket. That said, make sure that customers have permissions to add other people to the request.

• Go to Service Management Project > Project settings > Customer permissions (or Service Management Project > Project settings Channels > Customer permissions if it's a Next-gen project)

• Under Customer sharing, select the option Customers can search for other customers within their organizations, or manually enter the email address of other customers within their project or Customers can search for other customers within their project or organizations.

The selected settings will also allow existing customers to add new customers to the project by:

• entering their email address in the portal, or;
  • including their email address in the "To" or "Cc" field when replying to a request’s email notification.
0 votes
Admin June 11, 2021

you need to check "browse project" permission. it should have administrators/service desk team only.. remove other users and try it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events