cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needed addition fields for our report

Hyacinthe Niyonteze
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 18, 2022

We want to create an external report that will be based on article viewed, count of views, date, Organization (NGU), and customer as data fields. Here is a reference of an internal one:

Image1.pngWe intend to run a script to extract data in the fields from Jira and we need your help of a JQL to use to know their Field number or provide us with the field numbers of the mentioned fields especially NGU and customer/user. Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2022

Hello @Hyacinthe Niyonteze ,

Welcome to the community and thanks for reaching out.

As a quick reference starting point for JQL queries i recommend keeping the following links saved for quick access:

But for the ask of obtaining the custom fields id's to use them in the filters the best approach  is covered in the following KB article:

Next scripting wise I recommend starting with the API Documentation 

However, if your looking for a more simple method to do a data pull into an external tool that can be used to create reports including charts and graphs I recommend checking out either:

1. Jira Cloud for Google Sheets (Official) 
  2. Jira Cloud for Excel (official)

you can use the free connector apps above to pull in the data to the spreadsheet using JQL and then have full access to the native features of the spreadsheet application.

Regards,
Earl

Hyacinthe Niyonteze
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 15, 2022

Hello @Earl McCutcheon

Thanks for your feedback,

I have tried suggested resolutions but seems all the add-ins access only Projects dashboards, for example:

Screenshot_1.png

And customer fields are limited to projects here. Is there a way I can access confluence pages' (spaces) field numbers?Screenshot_2.png

Or

Screenshot_3.pngBecause I want to evaluate how our confluence pages are viewed by internal users.

Regards,

Hyacinthe

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2022

HI @Hyacinthe Niyonteze ,

OK Got ya, I initially misread the post and thought you were looking for reports on Jira field data as opposed to Confluence page view analytics.  So the previously mentioned reporting would only be for Jira side information.

For confluence analytic data I recommend checking out the following documentation pages that cover the full details on what is available natively:

noting that the insight information does have an export option, with full details on what is exported covered in the "View insights on pages" page mentioned above.  You can export page analytics from the space's Analytics screen:

1. Go to your space and select "Analytics" from the left-hand menu
  2. On the tabs, select "Pages"
  3. Limit what content to include
  4. Select the breadcrumbs (3-dots) icon in the top-right, and select "Export Excel"

Additionally, there are a lot of analytic add-ons available in the marketplace that can add in additional reporting functionality surrounding page views, I recommend checking out the list at the link below to see if any of these apps better fit your reporting needs:

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events