• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Need help setting SLA Goals based on working hours

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to set our SLA goals based on time of creating the request.

We have different response time for tickets submitted on working hours(Monday-Friday 08:00-17:00) and then we have response time outside working hours(Monday-Friday 17:00 - 08:00). 

Thanks!

3 answers

3 votes
Jack Community Leader Sep 19, 2020

You create different calendars for the different work schedules. Pleas reference this article - create-and-edit-sla-calendars 

I've already created 4 different work schedules but it always assisgns the goal based on fist calendar. I guess a more complex JQL statement is required?

We need all incidents to be matched against 4 different calendars which have different response time based on time of submitting the request.

Right now even though first calendar doesn't include Sunday it matches it and assigns it's SLA goal.

Jack Community Leader Sep 20, 2020

Yes. You need to include time of creation into your JQL,

e.g. 

priority = highest and createddate >= startofday(“+8h”) and createddate < startofday(“+17h”)

would give you issues between 8-5pm

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this

Yes, it seems to work based on hours but I also like to check if request is submitted on Saturday or Sunday and then trigger the SLA goal.

Here's the logic I've tried:

issuetype = Incident AND createdDate >= startOfDay("+8h") AND createdDate < startOfDay("+17h") AND (createdDate = endOfWeek() OR createdDate = endOfWeek("+1d"))

Thank you!

Hi @Alexander ,

There was recently a discussion in the from about this. You can add a boolean checkboc custom field for this to determine whether the ticket is submitted during office hours. Then you can use this as a jql condition in your SLA definitions.

To easily define an SLA based on JQL conditions, you can try Time to SLA.

Time to SLA allows users to define SLA definitions based on JQLs. You can incorporate your requirement as a custom field and switch your SLA goals based on this condition.

sla-definition-3.png

Please know that I'm one of the folks behind Time to SLA. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Gokce

Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Sep 21, 2020

@Gokce Gursel _Snapbytes_ ,

I feel like @Jack 's solution to this one is a lot more elegant than the checkbox/custom field one we (over) engineered in the other question :)

@Jack  nice solution!, I completly forgot/missed a startOfDay+ x hours approach.

I still can't make it work and I've provided an example above

Need the following SLA Goals to trigger:

If request is submitted Mon-Fri (08:00-17:00) set SLA goal to X hours.

If request is submitted Mon-Fri (17:00 - 08:00) set SLA goal to Y hours.

Same logic for Saturday and Sunday

I've tried working with startOfDay, startOfWeek, endOfWeek but when request is submitted it doesn't trigger the SLA

Hello @Alexander 

You can try SLA Time and Report, which allows you to add SLA timer to your Jira issues. As the start and stop conditions, you can select any issue fields. This add-on lets to set SLA goals regarding the time you need.

And for overdue issues, there are automated actions(notification, changing assignee, status or priority). There can be few goals for one SLA config. To exclude non-working hours from the calculation you can set your work schedule at the calendar.

I hope, it helps

Best regards, Mariana

Issue Tab.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

196 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you