Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help setting SLA Goals based on working hours

Alexander September 19, 2020

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to set our SLA goals based on time of creating the request.

We have different response time for tickets submitted on working hours(Monday-Friday 08:00-17:00) and then we have response time outside working hours(Monday-Friday 17:00 - 08:00). 

Thanks!

3 answers

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2020

You create different calendars for the different work schedules. Pleas reference this article - create-and-edit-sla-calendars 

Alexander September 20, 2020

I've already created 4 different work schedules but it always assisgns the goal based on fist calendar. I guess a more complex JQL statement is required?

We need all incidents to be matched against 4 different calendars which have different response time based on time of submitting the request.

Right now even though first calendar doesn't include Sunday it matches it and assigns it's SLA goal.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2020

Yes. You need to include time of creation into your JQL,

e.g. 

priority = highest and createddate >= startofday(“+8h”) and createddate < startofday(“+17h”)

would give you issues between 8-5pm

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
Alexander September 20, 2020

Yes, it seems to work based on hours but I also like to check if request is submitted on Saturday or Sunday and then trigger the SLA goal.

Here's the logic I've tried:

issuetype = Incident AND createdDate >= startOfDay("+8h") AND createdDate < startOfDay("+17h") AND (createdDate = endOfWeek() OR createdDate = endOfWeek("+1d"))

Thank you!

arti_b_patil April 24, 2024

HI this is great solution however,  endOfWeek is defined already in system? Because in calenders  I did see any feild for that.

0 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 21, 2020

Hello @Alexander 

You can try SLA Time and Report, which allows you to add SLA timer to your Jira issues. As the start and stop conditions, you can select any issue fields. This add-on lets to set SLA goals regarding the time you need.

And for overdue issues, there are automated actions(notification, changing assignee, status or priority). There can be few goals for one SLA config. To exclude non-working hours from the calculation you can set your work schedule at the calendar.

I hope, it helps

Best regards, Mariana

Issue Tab.jpg

0 votes
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 20, 2020

Hi @Alexander ,

There was recently a discussion in the from about this. You can add a boolean checkboc custom field for this to determine whether the ticket is submitted during office hours. Then you can use this as a jql condition in your SLA definitions.

To easily define an SLA based on JQL conditions, you can try Time to SLA.

Time to SLA allows users to define SLA definitions based on JQLs. You can incorporate your requirement as a custom field and switch your SLA goals based on this condition.

sla-definition-3.png

Please know that I'm one of the folks behind Time to SLA. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Gokce

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2020

@Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire} ,

I feel like @Jack Brickey 's solution to this one is a lot more elegant than the checkbox/custom field one we (over) engineered in the other question :)

@Jack Brickey  nice solution!, I completly forgot/missed a startOfDay+ x hours approach.

Alexander September 21, 2020

I still can't make it work and I've provided an example above

Need the following SLA Goals to trigger:

If request is submitted Mon-Fri (08:00-17:00) set SLA goal to X hours.

If request is submitted Mon-Fri (17:00 - 08:00) set SLA goal to Y hours.

Same logic for Saturday and Sunday

I've tried working with startOfDay, startOfWeek, endOfWeek but when request is submitted it doesn't trigger the SLA

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events