Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO ACTIONS PERFORMED

Matheus França May 7, 2021

Hello Community,

I have a problem with one of the projects in my environment.

I have an automation that when a new item is created with a specific JQL.
After creating this automation, edit a custom field called Solver Group.

- JQL is exactly as it should be, because in the advanced issue filters it searches for the issue.

- When I clone this item the automation says it was successfully run.

- However, when new portal items are opened, the automation says "NO ACTIONS PERFORMED"

With the warnings:

This may be due to any of the following reasons:
the issue didn't match the specified JQL (most likely)
the chosen rule actor doesn't have permissions (or issue security level permissions) to view the issue
the issue was deleted or wasn't indexed by Jira yet (in rare circumstances)

My JQL:

"Requests - Fund Services" in ("IT INFRA") jql.PNG

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yvan Martin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2021

Hi there,

Developer from Automation here.

This sounds like something very specific to your Jira project config, you'd be best contacting Automation support for additional help: https://support.atlassian.com/

Cheers.

Matheus França May 14, 2021

Hi,

Thank you very much for your feedback

Regards,

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

@Matheus França -

Take a look at your automation... The JQL for the automation didn't match your new JQL -

Your new JQL - "Requests - Fund Services" in ("IT INFRA")

The automation JQL - "Requests - Fund Services" in ("Nav OFFSHORE").

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

@Joseph Chung Yin  Hey Good afternoon!

The JQL "Requests - Fund Services" in ("IT INFRA") to tell you the truth is just one example.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

@Matheus França -

So, you are saying your new automation setup JQL matches to your example JQL.  The image screenshot is just an example of your automation setup?

Best, Joseph

the text that I included above the print is just an example the print is the automation in fact.

Exemple

My JQL:

"Requests - Fund Services" in ("IT INFRA")

Use:

"Requests - Fund Services" in ("Nav Offshore")

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

So you are stating that FS-78's "Requests - Fund Services" field was populated with Nav Offshore at issue creation, but the automation failed to accomplish the custom field edit? (From your image attached)

Have to try to take the same JQL and execute it in "Issue Search" to see if FS-78 showing up in the search result?  Plus - did you compare the dropdown list option matches to what you have defined in your JQL?  (In JQL, the option value must match exactly as what you defined for the field.)

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

Hi there,

Some recommendations:

- If the edit in in the same issue, you don't need "For Current Issue".  

- Use JQL condition instead of Issue matches.  Link: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automation-conditions/

Regards,

Fabian

@Fabian Lim Good Afertoon.

Do you advise then that I choose the condition option in the field values?

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

Yes. 

Items you need:

- When issue is created (trigger)

- JQL Condition with your JQL (condition)

- Then Edit (action)

Matheus França May 11, 2021

NAV.png

I made this configuration but also in the automation log the same message "no actions performed" 

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2021

Use the JQL Condition instead of the IF condition.  jql condition image.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events