Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My service desk customers can't edit and change status in issues

vitlobanov February 2, 2020

Hello!

I have just started to learn functions of Jira Service Desk (Cloud, free trial).

During testing I reveal that service desk customers can't edit and change status in own issues.

And I don't understand - is it normal or not.

According to this article customer does not have to have this permission: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/jira-applications-overview-764478250.html

But according to this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/standard-permissions-in-jira-service-desk-838416600.html - "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" has such permissions. And in my JIRA Service Desk project has the same settings.

1) Does anybody know the truth? ) 

2) How can I give SD-customers rights to edit own issues and to change statuses?

4 answers

1 vote
Christopher Skoropada _Appsvio_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 23, 2022

Hey @vitlobanov 

You can use the Feature Bundle app to allow customers to edit requests with the status change. Please keep in mind this is a commercial app and I'm from the vendor team. 

To enable edit, go to JSM project settings and find the Edit Request page. The next step is to choose what fields should be editable by customers. On that page, you can also select the target status of the edited request. 

Feel free to book a Zoom call with our team in case of any questions.  

Edit_Requests_-_Jira.png

1 vote
Will Seay August 4, 2020

While I was using Jira Service Desk Cloud - (classic project) customers could change the status of their requests in the portal.  There were buttons under the status with the name of the transition that was set to "show in customer portal" and we allowed them to change status to Escalated or "Back to Work In Progress" if an agent closed a request prematurely.

I just changed to using the nextgen project type for the Service Desk and the workflows are not the same.  If I leave the Transition permission rules blank, only agents can change the transition.  Kind of makes sense.  I thought I had it fixed by adding a rule to the transition to allow the requestor to change, but in the portal they still only see status with no options to change.

In this example I have a transition to go from Completed back to In Progress, but not showing:

test.png

Will Seay August 4, 2020

Here is where I set the transition rule:

test2.png

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2020

You need to check the “show transition in customer portal” on each transition that you wish to expose. This applies to each workflow as well, assuming you have more than one.

vitlobanov February 3, 2020

Hello, @Jack Brickey ! As I wrote above - I found this option and use it to give to customers to change status. But there are another problems yet - no edit issue (request), no edit own comment, no add attachment.

Eduardo Marques March 10, 2020

Hi @vitlobanov ,

I have the same issue.

Even though the permission scheme has the option to "Edit Own Comments" for the Service desk customer - portal access, the customers cannot do it.

This should be fixed asap.

Best regards,

Eduardo

0 votes

And I found that https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Service-desk-customer-portal-access-VS-Service-Desk-Customers/qaq-p/1021385

- question №3 - is almost the same like mine. And from Feb 2019 ther is no useful answer / solution...

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2020

Hi @vitlobanov 

When a customer raises a service request the status is set to waiting on support...this is automatic. 

If no action is taken by the service desk agents the customer can change the status to escalate. 

The customer can also change the status to resolved or cancelled.

All other statuses are controlled by the Jira service desk workflow. 

And this is normal for Jira service desk. 

-Mike

Hello, @Mike Bowen !

I changed a workflow on mine. And currently I have found "Show transition in the customer portal" in workflow editor. After I turned it on in some transitions customers get ability to change status.

But no more - no edit issue (request), no edit own comment, no add attachment.

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2020

Hi @vitlobanov 

Why don't you post a screenshot of your workflow... alternatively you could revert (to a previous workflow, that is if you took a backup). 

-Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events