Multiple people working on request

Tomáš Mračník May 27, 2020

Hello gentlemen,

In our company, we would like to set up new Jira Service Desk for our 2lvl product support. Our common workflow its that someone reports a request and our operators are responding and working on it (operators will have account type of Agent). But sometimes happens that they need help from for example developers, finance department and etc.. I know that they must have an account type of agent, to have the possibility to enter and comment on the request. But for that, we would have to pay a big number of agents (around 200-300) and that is impossible. 
Could anyone help me with the idea of ​​how to solve this problem ??
Thank you very much in advice. 

3 comments

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2020

Hello @Tomáš Mračník welcome to the community. The developers, finance team and other don't necessarily need a service desk license to add a comment (a Jira core license would do). Only if the comments are meant for the end customer they will need it. Else the can act as collaborators and their comments will be internal.

See more on the link below

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedesk/collaborator-660967501.html

Like Deleted user likes this

Hello @Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group , thank you for your welcome to the community and your answer!
Please could you explain to me how could they add a comment to a certain request with a Jira core license? When I am trying to add @ to mention them I can not see them. 
Unfortunately, the comments should be meant for the end customer and I am trying to find some solution for them. 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2020

@Tomáš Mračník  with a jira core or jira software license and the appropriate permissions on the project, they would become collaborators.

This is initially designed to have developpers work on service desk issue but commenting and being @mentioned.

For example the role you grant them would still need to have the add internal comment permission

Here you have some more information on the roles withing JIRA Servicedesk

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-agents-customers-and-roles

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2020

If comments are meant to be public, then you don't have many options. I've setup in the past sync between software and service desk projects to update the agents based on comments in tickets in other projects. I don't recall if making those synced comments public was an option. You could give it a shot. The apps to do that are exalate, backbone sync and a few others if I recall correctly

One way could be creating linked issues to their appropriate projects, but I think it could overcomplicate the whole process of issue resolution.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events