cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple format for JSM issue creation

Vishal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2022

Hi Guys,

We have a helpcenter for a department which has different teams as a different Request Groups, I would like to customise their issue creation notification based on the team, meaning every group has its own customise email notification which is different than others.

Is it something which is possible ? If so please help with the hint.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2022

Hello @Vishal

It will probably cause more overhead, but you could consider turning off the default "Request Created" customer notification and create a number of different automation rules that send emails based on criteria (such as team).

Hope this helps

Vishal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2022

Hi @Sam Nadarajan

I was hoping to avoid that but seems like that is the only option.

Thanks!

Nadia July 22, 2022

@Vishal that's really seems to be the only 'out-of-the-box' option. Otherwise you may research Marketplace apps, there are plenty which can do customised emails. 

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2022

@Vishal -

If your teams are all using the same JSM project, then I don't believe you can customize the notification based on team from my experiences.

I would recommend that you may want to contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for confirmation.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events