Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple email channels, email aliases or email forwarding?

tha March 27, 2020

We want to use Jira SD as single point of contacts and have created queues to handle this. We have some resource mailboxes  and email aliases we have to be able to use with Jira SD.

I know you can't have more than one email channel. However I have seen you can have aliases for the support email. If an email is send to the alias address, a request participant should be added to the request and you can create rules according to this. (See:  https://mraddon.blog/2019/07/06/configure-more-than-one-email-channels-in-a-jira-service-desk-project/).

Question 1.

According to the above article, you should not use aliases but email forwarding. Only in this case (not with aliases) request participant should be added. Does this require any setup/rule in Jira SD ? we tried this (both email alias and email forwarding), but request participant wasn't added in neither cases.

Question 2.

Can see this issues goes back to 2017. Are there any updates/new procedures on how to do this?

BR Tue, CapaSystems

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Hi! 

How about using the custom app and do that activity another level ?

Like JEMH, Jeti can do wrapping. 

A2: why not? I did not see any blocker

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events