Multiple Jira Service Management for Offline Data Center Environments

James_Siart August 30, 2022

I have 15 or more remote data center environments around the world that only have internet capabilities using Satellite communication.  Bandwidth and availability of Satellite communication is not very reliable and as such I would like to implement a Service Management tool in each remote data center.

My objective is to implement IT Automation tools that will open and close tickets within in each data center as alerted by monitoring devices also within the data center.  I will integrate my automation tool to the Service Management tool I select.

I also have a very small IT team within each data center that will need to open incidents and service requests into this selected Service Management tool.

When Satellite connectivity and bandwidth is operational the Service Management tool within each data center will synch with a Cloud Based ServiceNow tool.

Can Jira Service Management work for this solution requirement?  If so please detail what is needed in order to price this solution.

2 answers

1 vote
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2022

Hi @James_Siart

This is Majid @ Exalate. 

At a high level, I believe this is very possible and achievable. However, as already pointed out by Brant above, you would need an integration solution to keep the instances in sync. I would urge you to look at Exalate in order to keep the different ITSM systems in sync while having very granular control over what data needs to be passed from where to where exactly. 

Please feel free to book a customized demo if you would like to see the product in action. 

Thanks

Majid

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

@James_Siart Welcome to the Atlassian community

Out of the box you would not be able to meet all of your requirements listed above.  You would have to create some integrations into the application.  This could easily be done through the API.  If you are using data center each node could be at a different data center which would allow them to all sync together.  If you have limited connectivity I am not sure how well this would work.   You might have to test it.   Datacenter the pricing can be found here https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management/pricing?tab=data-center-new

James_Siart September 1, 2022

It would help to have someone to speak to on this subject as I need to understand if it makes sense to purchase 15 to 20 licenses.  Having to do this via chat or forum tells me I need to find another ITSM tool provider.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events