Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-line text field parsing

Rob June 7, 2022

I will preface this with saying I am not a savant when it comes to script languages. I can fumble through on a good day.

With that being said, I think I am looking for some form of scriptrunner script to help me with my task.

I have a ticket with a multi-line text field that contains a list of information. This information can be formatted as just a big long string, can be separated by a new line/carriage return, comma separate, etc. Basically in whatever format will work best.

I am trying to take each item in that field and compare it to an Insight object. If it gets a match, I would like to select that Insight object in my Insight custom field on the same ticket. If there isn't a match, it just moves onto the next item in the list until it gets to the end.

This multi-line field with the list can vary in size depending on the ticket. Sometimes it will just have one item, sometimes it could have 10 items.

Example of the field: Item A, Item B, Item C, Item D

If Item A and Item D happen to exist as objects in a specify objectype in Insight, I would like to have those two items selected in my Custom Insight field in my ticket.

Anyone know of a way to make that possible?

Using an Insight Post Function, I am able to get the desired results if my multi-line field only contains one item. But it fails to work if there are more than one.

Thank you in advance to any and all suggestions!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events