Moving tickets between projects

Martin Vrbka December 21, 2021

Hello Jira Team,

we are currently starting experimenting with Jira as our main managment and service desk system. 

With our current workflow we would like to achieve moving tickets from Service desk project to other projects(Service desk project(support) ->Work project (dev)). Now is it possible to move a ticket without loosing ability to recieve further incoming communication from customer via email? If so how? We want to avoid duplicating tickets with "clone" function.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Martin

3 comments

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Hi @Martin Vrbka

Welcome to the community!

I would recommend not to move tickets from jsm to another project. Once you move it you will lose some of the fields that come from jsm. And the customer will not be able to get any info on what happened to that ticket.

The best would be to clone and link. You can disable notifications ok your projects to reduce the number of unnecessary emails.

Regards

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Hi @Martin Vrbka

welcome to the Atlassian Community.

As @Fabian Lim suggested, I also wouldn't recommend moving the tickets to another project, otherwise the communication channel with the customer is broken.

In order to still receive further incoming communication (comments), I'd recommend to use an issue sync app. You can configure such an app so that as soon as you click a button or set some custom fields, it will clone the ticket to the project of your choice and keep it in sync. You can decide if you want to

• keep multiple fields in sync
  • sync the comments only.
  • sync changes uni- or bidirectional
  • map status changes

As an alternative, you can also use Jira Automation to create automation rules to automatically clone an issue and add comments to the work project when they're added to the JSM ticket. The main difference is that you need to model an automation rule for everything you'd like to keep up to date - with the sync apps, it's simpler and it also include more troubleshooting help in case something goes wrong.

I hope that helps,
Matthias.

PS: I'm part of the team behind such an issue sync app, Backbone Issue Sync.

Martin Vrbka December 22, 2021

Hello guys, 

thank you very much for the feedback. I suppose we need to clone the issue then. The sync app might be partial solution to our problem we will definitely discuss this option.

Martin

Like Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ likes this
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2022

Hi @Martin Vrbka ! Potentially Unito will be able to help achieve this workflow. The idea would be to trigger the ticket to sync to the relevant project based on a particular trigger. This will then create a synced issue in the Jira project. You can choose what information syncs back and forth - for example, a note or comment is made on the service desk ticket, so this adds a comment to the Jira issue. Then, a Jira issue is transitioned to a different status, you could have the ticket update with this information, and so on.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events