Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Ticket Between Projects, required fields

Travis Sheppard November 18, 2019

I have been trying to setup some required fields that need to be filled out when moving a ticket to another project.

We have a "general" helpdesk project that we would like to triage the tickets as they come in. For this example they would be moving it to the Software Support project. 

During the move they are reclassifying the ticket from Service Request to Problem

We would like it to check if they have filled out the Software Name, and Software Version field, and if not force them to do it at the time of moving the ticket.

I have tried adding a field validator to the Create Ticket transition but it doesn't seem to prompt for a field when moving.

What are the steps needed to set this up?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2019

If you want users to fill the required field while moving the ticket from one project to another project.

If you want to move tickets from project A to project B then simply , mark those fields as mandatory on Project B, Jira will not allow users to move tickets untill they put some values 

Emily Peterson July 1, 2020

Hello Muhammad,

I have done the following of making the fields required in Project B shown here.

project B.png

Then when the ticket starts in Project A and I move it over, it does NOT ask the agent to fill in the required fields

Move 1.pngmove 2.pngmove 3.pngThis is the only article I could find that even mentions Moving the issue, but again it does not prompt the agent to fill out the newly required information before moving the ticket into Project B.

-Emily Peterson

Clifford Hull May 12, 2021

@Emily Peterson I know this is old and you might have figured something out but he is telling you to mark them as required under field configurations. Keep in mind that based on your screenshots, I am pretty sure this will make the field required on EVERY form. I am betting this is not your intention. I am looking for an answer to the same question so I will post here if I find anything. 

Like # people like this
kammili tejraj September 28, 2021

@Clifford Hull Did u get an answer to this issue 

padraik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2022

Bump

Crystelle S
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2024

Quite old but in case you come across this (as I have) it seems the above question around "make the field required on EVERY form" could easily be solved by creating another field configuration for this purpose and using that.

Like Aleksey Plisko likes this
Aleksey Plisko April 19, 2024

Hello Crystelle,
Can you share a screenshot please ? 

I think I found itScreenshot 2024-04-19 144905.png

In your team-managed project, it's not functioning properly due to differing field configurations.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events