Most Unique Use Cases for Jira

Alex Janes November 12, 2020

Hey Everyone,

In an effort to find more unique ways to utilize Jira in our organization, I'd love to hear about your organizations most unique use cases!

I like to think that my use case is pretty unique, but I am ready to be proven wrong. :) 

We are a non-profit that funds women's healthcare for patients who have little to no income. We provide this funding through our own medical sites, and third party sites across the state. The state requires that we maintain certain medical documentation for certain procedures, and that an internal medical provider give the approval for the authorization, not just a financial approval. This used to be entirely a paper process handled over fax.

Although faxing is still utilized by some of the external providers; those faxes, and electronic requests, now flow into Jira Service Desk to be handled by our staff. Now, what could've required printing the same documentation 3 times just to get an approval from staff in different offices, is handled entirely paperless in Jira.

Not only has our turn around time for authorizations been significantly reduced, but provider and patient satisfaction is way up because of it. The SLA feature allows us to keep track of the time it takes for these requests to get completed, keeping us on top of all outstanding requests. One of our medical providers received an urgent authorization request while in line to vote, and was able to complete it right from her phone. What could've taken hours in the best circumstances, took just 9 minutes.

That's our unique use case. What's yours?

2 comments

Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

I'm currently using it to manage buying and renovating a house in London!

Like # people like this
Alex Janes January 26, 2021

That's a very useful way to keep track of those projects. Have you done any sizable customizations to handle it?

Eduardo August 2, 2021

This is very useful thanks for sharing.

MyAARPMedicare

Comment

AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events