Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring system ticket workflow

Steven Miller April 27, 2021

I am looking to setup out monitoring system (PRTG) to send emails into JSM when it detects issues. As configured, the system also send an email automatically when the issue is resolved. Ideally the 'resolved' email will trigger the initial request to close out.

So I have a few questions:

Is anyone here using JSM with a monitoring system in this way?

Assuming the initial issue ticket and the resolved ticket will send separately, how can this be reconciled in JSM to prevent multiple tickets opening? 

My goal as stated is so that any alert will open a ticket to be investigated, and also any issues that is resolved (or goes away on its own) will trigger the automatic closure of the ticket,

2 answers

0 votes
mararn1618 _secretbakery.io_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 28, 2021

Hi @Steven Miller,

I belive the easiest way to achieve this is via REST API and not Email. Example:

• Create a ticket via REST API ( link to api )
  • To remember the reference to that ticket you can
    • (a) Remember in JIRA: Include a reference known to your monitoring sytem in the ticket summary or custom field (e.g. PRTG-ID-1234)
    • (b) Remember in PRTG: Remember the key of the created issue
  • Once the issue is resolved, update that ticket

If you want to do that via email, my thoguhts are:

Cheers, Markus
Founder of Duplicate AI, Find & Merge Similar Issues

Jay Jones July 8, 2021

Hi Mararn1618_secretbakery_io_,

I am interested in a ticketing system for customer inquiries, with solid APIs that can help us maximize our customer service and work flow. My company is Data Abstract Solutions, Inc. Currently way use Outlook email which connects with eWayCRM. My associates are having to correspond through the entire process using email.

We also use Jira 8.1 if that helps.

We have 10 or so main clients and want them to be able to login and submit a ticket with all the appropriate information on the form: Name, company, title, email, phone, current date, issues, county, state, etc.

My name is Jay and I am the Director of Operations for an Information Technology and Services company.

Let's discuss.

Jay Jones

jayj@dataabstractsolutions.com 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Yes, I've been doing that sort of thing with Jira for years, by

• using apps that enable monitoring systems to easily talk to Jira, either apps for Jira or for the monitoring system
  • with direct interfaces (the monitoring system uses SOAP or REST to push data into Jira)
  • with pull scripts (things run in Jira and ask the monitoring system questions - not the best way to do this sort of thing)
  • more recently, with Opsgenie

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events