Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Issue links

Tien Tran August 6, 2020

Hi,

I have a project IMP for communication with customers and it is living under JSD. I have 2 other projects DEVOPS and PM are living under Jira application.

Assuming that the IMP ticket (ex. IMP-10) is linked to 2 tickets: Let's say DEVOPS-10 and PM_10 ticket.

I sent a request to https://impulsepoint.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/issue/IMP-10. I expect to get PM-10 and DEVOPS-10 for issue links in the JSON response but it's missing.

The token is generated from my Jira account which has admin privilege on both applications JSD and Jira.

Please advice.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2020

Hello @Tien Tran ,

Thanks for reaching out, and for getting the issue link details from the API the endpoint looks correct but there are a couple things to check.

First thing to check are permissions, Even if you are a Site Admin you may be missing the appropriate Project or issue level permissions to see the issue details.

The  "Browse projects" project permission for the project that the Linked issue is in is required to get a response back to see the linked issue details in the call, as well as belonging to a group or account with access via issue-level security if configured. 

If you do not have the project level permission or issue-level security access in either DEVOPS or the PM project then the issue link value is simply not return as the user does not have the appropriate permission level to view that portion of the data.

Alternatively if the issue is on an alternate Jira instance connected via Applink then you would want to look at the alternate API endpoint to get a remote issue link via:

The same permission requirements exist for this endpoint as well so the user making the call must have the "Browse Project" project permission on the remote site, for the project and have access to the projects issue security level applied to the issue if enabled.

Let me know what you find.

Regards,
Earl

Tien Tran August 7, 2020

Hi Earl,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I grant "Browse projects" access for my account on both DEVOPS and PM project. We don't set Issue Security Schemes for these projects. But I still cannot get Issue Links.

However, the remote link API works like a charm.

Thank you,

Tien

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events